Virginia's getting better about renewals...

This is a discussion on Virginia's getting better about renewals... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last time I renewed my canceled carry license it tuck over 60 days to get it. This time it was only 32 days. Now if ...

Thread: Virginia's getting better about renewals...

Last time I renewed my canceled carry license it tuck over 60 days to get it. This time it was only 32 days.
    Now if we can just get are act together and vote in some pro second amendment officials like Florida has, we will be set.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

When I went to renew my last year in the City of Lynchburg (originally issued by Hanove Co), they almost didnt renew it because the police dept said they preferred someone to have taken a CCW class recently (i had an NRA gun safety class certificate that was pretty old) before they like to recommend approval to the court. BUT the Code of VA says any gun safety class will suffice (along with other things) and doesnt put a time limit on acceptance. I thought I was going to have a battle, but they went ahead and issued it pretty quickly - but they said they probably wouldnt have if it was a first time issue and not a renewal. I should have contacted the NRA anyway so they could address it with them.

Congrats

Glade to hear it all worked out for you. I have never had a problem here in King and Queen County before but we are nowhere near a big as Hanover County.
    I take at lest on class a year no matter what it is to just have something to show I am keeping up to date with the laws and my canceled carry skills. Just in case they start to require it and for my benefit.
    This is my forth renewal.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

Assistant Administrator
    Despite some state's delays and hassles - any improvement has to be welcome - and more obviously hoped for.

This year much has been on a roll - may it continue.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It's sad that, even in an open carry/shall issue state, so much depends your locality. In Chesterfield, my original application took something like 36 days, with no hassles. Up in Fairfax, it is like being in another country, and it has taken significant pressure from the NRA and VCDL to get Fairfax to comply.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    You guys are going to hate me, well maybe some people from other states more so than here.

after moving out of Henrico Co. I called the Sherrifs office in Goochland, they mailed me the application, I attached copies of my cert and DL and sent it all back through the mail, month and half later, I got my permit in the mail.

I agree with Tom, Fairfax, and also Henrico were, and from what I understand still are two of the worst counties to apply in. Even after the "Shall Issue" laws passed, Henrico resisted be taking twice the allowed time to process the applications. It took measures from the NRA and others to force them to comply. I am so glad to have moved out of that county.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Sponsored Links