A pair of Hawks - Page 3

A pair of Hawks

This is a discussion on A pair of Hawks within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Those 185's may even kick less than those 240's but at that price, I bet they're gonna make some noise....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A pair of Hawks

Those 185's may even kick less than those 240's but at that price, I bet they're gonna make some noise.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

... oh sorry... looking at the box now and they are 180 gr and labeled XTP. They are Hornady.

Says on the box; Muzzle 1550 fps, 50 yards 1340 fps and 100 yards 1173 fps

What a freaking fun caliber!

What a thrill really these are to shoot. We put 12 round through each of them. Both shot flawlessly in both Double and Single action and one of them appears to be dead on sighted in (the Leupold one). The other one needs work there as its Recticle's axis is a few degrees off center and it is also shooting high right. Makes me thing the scope was moved or not ever sighted in all the way.

But these are, officially, a hoot.

Ha, I knew you'd like 'em. And you've got a pair lol So what kind of yardage did you shoot them at? Are you still ready to give one of them up to a friend? Glad to see you enjoyed those. They are a blast.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Well in all the discussion I don't think anyone ever stressed the pure manly adrenaline rush they have.

I was just pasture shooting today. No real need to set up a target stand so I was just picking out Fire Ant hills out in the pasture. About 35 yards I would guess was what I was aiming at. A good Fire Ant hill will give you a tell tale cloud puff of Red clay dirt when you hit it. And about the size of a football. Great to just walk out and use as a makeshift target.

The fellow that came over to shoot with me does dearly want one of them. It is his if he makes up his mind fast enough. And my BIL wants a shot at it too. I doubt I will keep the both. I don't really have duplicates of any gun really.

Ok so now I need something to put it in. I was thinking one of those "Bore Store" gun sacks but first need to know a size it would fit into as it is Scoped and then find one in stock somewhere. This is probably the way to go for me so I can set the thing down in the bottom of the main gun safe and yet grab that out for carry to the range/field in the range bag.

Ah... this is it. Right to the source...

Big Spring Enterprises-Bore Stores Homepage

Well... seems the coworker who came over and helped me test fire the pair was smitten. He is on his way back over with cash and wants number two badly. Not surprising!

LOL I don't blame him. Looks like the 2 of you will each have a fine piece of machinery that will last a long time. Now I don't know how many rounds those have through them, but the only thing that I can think of is, my uncle one time, (has one just like yours) had to send his in because he shot it so much that it wore down the firing pin. He sent it in to Ruger and they fixed him up again as good as new. He's shot his more than I've shot mine I guess. Plus now days, I can't afford to shoot it as much as I'd like. Tell your friend congrats too.

Ya know for me... Georgia Arms has some pretty decent prices and the shipping is not bad since I am close. I can order 200 rounds of 240 Grain JHP and have it shipped to me all for $112.

Thats well under even the cost of WWB at Walmart which was $37 and some change per 50 rounds.

WWB = $75 a hundred while GA = $56 a hundred. Both total cost in my hand.

http://georgia-arms.com/44remmag240g...cket100pk.aspx

I am seriously diggin this guys work for a hunting holster rig....

Welcome to Shamrock Holsters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links