New to XD9 SC and new to this site.. What should I do/get?

This is a discussion on New to XD9 SC and new to this site.. What should I do/get? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got a new XD9 SC OD Green and looking for the must haves/must do for this gun.... Where should I get and what kinda ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to XD9 SC and new to this site.. What should I do/get?

Just got a new XD9 SC OD Green and looking for the must haves/must do for this gun....

Where should I get and what kinda are best out there? Don't want to spend a lot but want decent accessories..

Laser (Saw the x2 Laser and think it's a nice setup)
    Flashlight
    Mags
    Grips
    Holsters

Took some pics of it.. Next time hopefully a 1/2 naked chick will be holding it.. ;)

FAIL....

EW3
    -Anything by UBG Holsters or a Crossbreed Supertuck
    -Beltman 1.5" gun belt
    -Forget the laser (just my opinion, tried and didn't like them) get XS Big Dot night sights instead
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

VIP Member
    Nice pictures of a gun hiding in the woods.
    I havent heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

A good holster and belt, spare mag carrier, and maybe pearce grips magazine extension for the XDsc compact magazine.

Howdy from CT.

Welcome to the site.

My suggestion is to get a good holster and belt first. Also, lots of practice.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Ooops, you missed the shot from the top...

Keep it stock, except for Trij night sights, for a while and get to know your new pal.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Crossbreed holster, pearce grip extenders for the compact mag(s).

I never carry the 9sc with the 16 round mags. It conceals no better than my .40 service with the full mag. In fact I don't use the 16 rounders at all anymore. Get the 13 round compact mags if it didn't come with them.

Get a few hundred rounds through it before thinking about modifications. Learn the weapon, then start tinkering.
    NRA Life Member

BJC
    I have the XD40sc......those are some nice guns. Having the same platform, here is what I would recommend:

1) A good holster - Crossbreed Supertuck has worked great for me.

2) A good GUN belt - after lugging my XD40sc for a year using a standard work belt, I replaced the old belt with a gun belt. The difference was amazing - it felt like the gun weighed only have as much.

3) A set of pearce grip extensions - I didn't like the full size mag for concealed carry (too long) and I found the short mag too short for a comfortable, consistent grip. A set of pearce extensions gave me a full grip with a length that worked well for concealed carry. I normally carry tucked without an outer garment, so the shorter mag helps. It might not be that much difference for someone who carries untucked.

4) Practice, practice, and practice - This will help you become comfortable with your new acquisition. After you have shot a few hundred rounds, you'll have a better idea of what type/size of nights sights (if any) you would want.

5) Have fun - enjoy the new gun!

Distinguished Member
    Look at the comp-tac or crossbreed if you want a kydex holster, you can get them pretty fast. If you want leather you are going to wait a while for one of the best customs, like Sparks, TT or KD, just to name a few. You can get something from Dom Hume pretty fast, without the sticker shock. Also check the members for sale forum here. If you are going to put a laser on it you will have to consider that when you choose a holster.

I would get a beltman belt.

I don't know what your budget is, but do a a search here on EDC lights. I have a Surefire L4. They are high in quality and price, but I got a good deal on ebay. I just saw someone post on a nice looking light from Coleman and it was only $25. If it doesn't come with a pocket clip you also might want to get a mag/ light comb. pouch to carry it on your belt, but you could probably find another makers clip that would work.

Nice pictures.

ntg
    Nice pictures...IMO you don't need that whole laundry list. Get a decent holster to carry it, and spend money and time in putting rounds down the tube! Your abilities with it need to precede (and be much better than) your toys and tools for it. Again, just my opinion.

Congrats on new gun - very nice!

Decide if you want a laser or laser/light combo. Once you have the attachments decided on, get a holster that will accommodate the hardware. Get a nice sturdy gun belt to go with the holster.

After you've shot it some, decide if you want to add night sights (in case the batteries in the laser and/or light fail), and think if maybe a slip-on grip and/or magazine pinky extensions may help a bit for gun control.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    I have the XD40sc......those are some nice guns. Having the same platform, here is what I would recommend:

1) A good holster - Crossbreed Supertuck has worked great for me.

2) A good GUN belt - after lugging my XD40sc for a year using a standard work belt, I replaced the old belt with a gun belt. The difference was amazing - it felt like the gun weighed only have as much.

3) A set of pearce grip extensions - I didn't like the full size mag for concealed carry (too long) and I found the short mag too short for a comfortable, consistent grip. A set of pearce extensions gave me a full grip with a length that worked well for concealed carry. I normally carry tucked without an outer garment, so the shorter mag helps. It might not be that much difference for someone who carries untucked.

4) Practice, practice, and practice - This will help you become comfortable with your new acquisition. After you have shot a few hundred rounds, you'll have a better idea of what type/size of nights sights (if any) you would want.

5) Have fun - enjoy the new gun!
    +1. I like an OWB holster personally, but keep it simple sweetheart! Pearce pinky extension, a good holster, and a bunch of practice and you're good to go.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Thanks for the tips guys..

So far I shot a few hundred rounds at the range and I DO not like the feel of the gun with the short mags.. I will try the guns with the grip extensions and see how it is..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links