Christmas Ham?

This is a discussion on Christmas Ham? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is what I have coming in on my stand at night; for reference the opening of the feeder is attached to the trees on ...

Thread: Christmas Ham?

Christmas Ham?

Here is what I have coming in on my stand at night; for reference the opening of the feeder is attached to the trees on the left and three feet from the ground. I'd guess the one with his nose in the feeder will go around 300 lbs.

Deer season is over next week and I am going to declare war on them with my AR15 and night laser designator. I'll post up some pic's when I get them.

John Luttrell

2. Remove Ads

Mmmmmm! Apple smoked bacon, honey baked hams, sausage..........
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Be good for new years with Black Eye'd Peas and Collards!

We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Hammy New Year. Mmmmm, I can smell the bacon right now.

...it's the best I could do on such a short notice.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Mmmmmm! Apple smoked bacon, honey baked hams, sausage..........

^^^^^^yeah buddy^^^^^^^^^

Guys in Tx. that work for the co. I Do say they take a post hole digger and dig a hole 3-4 ft. deep, fill to within a ft or so of the top with corn, hogs come in and begin excavating to get at the corn;you know they are coming in; you set up and bang,bang
    Never tried it here yet as we are just beginning to be threatened with them and they are not as prevalent as of yet. some in Michigan
    have shot some bruisers though, 300-500 lb.

ret; Witty as usual!!!

"As to liberty, the heroes who signed the great document pledged themselves to buy liberty with their lives. Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost."
    Robert Heinlein
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    YUM!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Yep, it's pretty easy to picture you bringing home the bacon
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Hey John, if you need some help you just let me know buddy! I love hog hunting. Do it out here all the time. We get some monsters out here that I go hunt on some private property for but I like to get the boars no bigger than around 150 and sows are still ok 250+ for meat quality. Fun stuff!! I took my daughter out earlier this year just to tag along with me so I could teach her how to hunt them. She was drained, tired, spent and plain pooped out toward the end of the day. Traversing the hills, slides and having to get on hands and knees to hunt made her realize how challenging it really is. Ended up, I carried her share of the packed "stuff" after only about 2 hours. That is until one came running out from behind us and I dropped him. Then she was like a chipmunk on crack for the rest of the day. I told her that I didn't want to hear anymore "Old Man" stuff come out of her mouth again. She was a real trooper considering what she went through that day. She even helped drag, field dress and skin! She wants to go again but this time she wants to go carrying a thunder stick. Keep us tuned, can't wait to see your pics!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Well, I went ahead and rigged the AR up for the up coming night hunts. I'm using a 4-16x40 scope with a ND3 Green Laser Designator; very nice set up. This set up is a little on the heavy side but shouldn't be an issue just sitting in a stand.

John Luttrell

she was like a chipmunk on crack
    That is very visual and very descriptive. I can just see it.......
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

John, if THAT isn't going to be fun, I don't know what is!! Great looking setup there too! I'm jealous.

Rock and Glock, LOL yeah, she's calmed down a little bit but when she thinks about going out next time, she relapses.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I hope that you do/did well, and put a great meal on your table. We didn't have Christmas ham, but I did act more like a Christmas pig!
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Hamboogie!

Links