Gun-Stickers on Vehicle - Page 3

Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

This is a discussion on Gun-Stickers on Vehicle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you think everyone with a Harley Davidson shirt or sticker has a Harley?...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

Do you think everyone with a Harley Davidson shirt or sticker has a Harley?

I think some of you are reading into this too deep. I got to tell ya, for a defensive carry site, i dont think ive ever seen so many paranoid people in one place. It's like you're more afraid of the what-ifs or the unknowns that you actually live in a state of "oh my i cant do this or cant do that because....." I just dont get it, carry your self defense devices whatever they may be and do what you want every day. All this material stuff we talk about can be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Best way to apply decals on vehicle glass........wipe the area with 70% rubbing alcohol first and let dry....apply decal. Best way to remove decals from vehicle glass....razor blade, or carburetor cleaner and razor blade.

I don't think your truck becomes a target because it has a glock sticker, maybe the opposite. If I were a thief I would have to assume the owner of that truck was carrying there glock and might be close by. But I don't think like a thief so if you like stickers or plates go for it. We need to be proud of what we beleive in.
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

I've had a Springfield Armory sticker on my Mustang for 2 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

One of those perpetual myths that keeps getting passed on and on.

I have several stickers on my vehicle glass.

My company logo on both sides of my Blazer. It's plate reads "4570GOV", like the 45/70 Government cartridge. I have a couple pro gun stickers on there such as "Criminals Prefer Unarmed Victims".

On my Honda convertible, the plate is "NFA4U", as in National Firearms Act ie machine guns, silencers, etc. I'm an NFA weapon manufacturer. Have the "Criminals Prefer..." sticker on the rear window too.

Locals know who I am and what I do. I've seen people walk by my vehicle, glance at the stickers, and pick up pace quickly. Mostly tourists.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=Soular;1425032]I can't stand traditional "sticky" bumper stickers that ruin your vehicle.

That said, I do have a NRA static sticker in my rear window, and I replace it every year when they send a new one.

I Don't see too much wrong with this^^^^^^^^^

"If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started."
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I don't put any stickers on my car. Not even the PBA ones I get. Lately lots of other officers, with PBA stickers on the car, have had their cars broken into while they were out and it seems they always lose their id and/or other stuff (including guns) in the process.

Don't ask me why they leave that stuff in the car. I don't know and I don't do it myself.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I have an NRA plate on the front of my truck. The only thing I think it has done is provided an opportunity, a pre-introduction if you will, to share things with people of similar interest.

Best!

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Ram Rod brought up an interesting point by comparing stickers to clothing, and there is a big difference.
    If you put a sticker on your vehicle, it's there until you decide to remove it. Clothing can be changed, removed or covered by other clothing.
    I run my own custom embroidery business and I do wear and sell some interesting things, shirts with gun sayings, political sayings, logos (with copyright permission), sports related designs, etc. If I'm going to a certain place or area, I might not wear something controversial, other days, I wear what expresses me and what I like, it is my business after all.
    As far as my truck, just one very large sticker covering most of the rear window, that reads:
    If you can't run with the BIG DOGS get a minivan

some people get it, others have asked, I've simply invited them to play in the mud with me. Since the sticker is quite large and very noticeable it makes my truck stand out from any others that are similar, and hopefully less likely to be stolen.
    It might be offensive to some people and if so, too bad, some people need to work on their sense of humor
    As far as the political things I wear, it is an expression of me and how I feel. I'll admit I've got a frown from a couple folks, but most who comment have been positive and as a form of advertisement it has generated quite a bit of business.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I use to have NRA sticker, then I heard that car burglers target vehicles with gun stickers looking for guns. I would put a "The gun is not in the truck, it's in the owners hand" sticker on my vehicle.
    "The gun is not in the truck, it's in the owners hand... behind you..."
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I think non-gun people pay less attention to gun decals that are not recognizable to their eyes than many posters would believe. And I'm a little hesitant to buy into the notion that a criminal would pick a person he believes to be armed for a victim of a crime when so many others would not have the means nor the gumption to fight back. In any event, I don't worry too much about it. I have three stickers on my truck but they wouldn't register as firearm related unless you are from the gun community. Besides, every one who cared to know knows that I have a gun because its often visible on my waistline. Not that anyone particularly notices.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Just personally don't want stickers of any type on my vehicles whether it's vote for this yahoo or I own or belong to this or that.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by kurtsara View Post
    Do you think everyone with a Harley Davidson shirt or sticker has a Harley?
    That could be a little different as most people who don't own a gun wont care enough to put a sticker on their vehicle... Motorcycles can be admired by both those who ride and don't ride, guns aren't as openly displayed as say a transportational vehicle aka motorcycle brand. I've seen many kids wear a harley davidson hat, but never a glock/kimber/sig t-shirt
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStang View Post
    I think some of you are reading into this too deep. I got to tell ya, for a defensive carry site, i dont think ive ever seen so many paranoid people in one place. It's like you're more afraid of the what-ifs or the unknowns that you actually live in a state of "oh my i cant do this or cant do that because....." I just dont get it, carry your self defense devices whatever they may be and do what you want every day. All this material stuff we talk about can be replaced.
    You must have a lot of gun-stickers on your car
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links