Gun-Stickers on Vehicle - Page 5

Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

This is a discussion on Gun-Stickers on Vehicle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I paid to much for my car to put anything on it but wash and wax!...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

VIP Member
    I paid to much for my car to put anything on it but wash and wax!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    I think where you live will make a difference in the likely hood of your vehicle being broken into period.

Pro's of having a sticker:
    expression of interest-
    might strike up a gun conversation with another gun enthusiast-
    it looks pretty cool-
    might stop someone from trying to roadrage you-

Cons of having a sticker:
    cop automatically knows you have a gun (incase you wish not to reveal and are aloud to do so legally)-
    boss or other associates see the sticker (everyone knows what a glock is for the most part) and they hold it against you-
    a criminal acknowledges you have a expensive gun they can use to pursue their criminal lifestyle, and tempts him making you a higher candidate for vehicle break in. (whether you leave yours in there or not)
    Thats all I can think of...
    Here's the reason I was given as to it being a bad idea. Let's say you accidentally cut someone off or pull out in front of them. They flip you off, yada, yada, yada. They see a gun sticker on the back of your car and decide to call the police and claim that you brandished a firearm at them. Lets also assume for the hypothetical situation there are 2 or more of them in their car and only you in your car and they all say the same thing. Lets also assume you have a Glock sticker on your car. If they are at all familiar with guns, they can probably give a good desription of one as they mostly look similar. Their word against yours and you have the weapon in your posession. Something similar happened to my best friend who was having words with his neighbor at the edge of their yards. The neighbor was inebriated and my friend was holding a tape recorder. When the police arrived, the neighbor claimed he had a handgun. Of course, my friend had several hand guns in the house and none with him. He was arrested, finger printed, and went to court. The only thing that saved him was all of the neighbors independent descriptions of the supposed gun were so inconsistent the judge dismissed the case. Something to think about.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

BugDude-

I certainly hope some @hole would try that..........See even though I have that cool GLOCK9 license plate; I have returned to the the flock of the one true prophet: John Moses Browning. When home my EDC is a Para P-14. Let them describe in great detail the GLOCK I pulled on them.

It's a frustrating scenario to think about. I was just using Glock as a hypothetical example. What if they just said a semi-automatic, black in color? That's generic enough and a reasonable description when in moving vehicles. This was a general scenario given to me by our local DA with regards to gun stickers on vehicles. I just thought I would pass it along as something else to consider.

My buddy's scenario, his neighbor said it was a black revolver, his wife said it was a black semi, their son said it was a chrome semi. The only handgun he owned at the time was locked up in his house and did not meet any of those descriptions (which were all different). It was a silver finish revolver (Ruger Redhawk). It did cost him some aggrevation, an arrest record for brandishing (which notes the case was dismissed), and the cost of a lawyer. All over something fabricated. It's just not worth the potential hassle for me just in case some wise acre tries to pull that kind of crap.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I don't put any stickers on my truck, there's always someone, somewhere, who will be ANTI whatever your sticker says, and you end up having your paint KEYED. Lots of low-life everywhere.

Not something I would advise. All some crook needs to see is a gun enthusiasts vehicle with a sticker on it. Next step would be to follow and rob said vehicle. Might as well have packages left in plain view while at the mall IMO.

It's my preference to lay low and outa sight.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I know if I was a criminal looking to steal a gun I'd be breaking into cars with any kind of gun stickers...
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

This thread made me think about something a narcotics officer told me. (This was in 1999 BTW). He said that in 99% of all drugs busts, the people have a Nine Inch Nails sticker somewhere. Kind of like those kids wearing T-Shirts with weed leaves on them. Pictures and symbols you display tell the world a little something about you, same as your clothes, and the cut o' your jib.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links