Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

This is a discussion on Gun-Stickers on Vehicle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in tampa FL the Gunshine state, and I see gun stickers almost daily. Today I saw a truck with a glock front license ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

Gun-Stickers on Vehicle

I live in tampa FL the Gunshine state, and I see gun stickers almost daily. Today I saw a truck with a glock front license plate cover (in florida we don't have front license plates). The day before I saw a guy with sig sauer sticker, and two days before that I saw a guy who had almost every gun sticker ever made on his truck.

My point in bringing this up is. Do you think its a good idea or a bad idea to put a gun sticker on your vehicle? I have a few stickers, but haven't used them on anything yet as I'm unsure if I want people to know I have a gun, especially a police officer off the bat.
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

2. Remove Ads

personally i wouldnt want to advertise to everyone what kind of gun i have or possibly have. i too see people around where i live with them on there vehicles all the time. i probably see at least on HK sticker every week

So...this go along with wearing gun t-shirts? Gun hats? I think you're reading too much into it in my opinion. Things like this have been discussed here before. How many NRA stickers have you seen on vehicles? How many folks have you seen wearing NRA hats? You can separate the personal clothing items from the bumper stickers or the window decals if you want to, but judged at face value....how important are these things to you? Do they affect you in any way but your thoughts? Why do these things affect your thoughts. The decal on the rear window.......does it mean they like something? Does it mean they have what it portrays? If I love animals and support their preservation, does that mean I am anti-gun? How much of a message, and what kind of message a decal portrays to us is as personal as our choice of holsters. Some are spelled out in what they mean and leave no room for interpretation. Then again.......do we judge the owner of the vehicle by the age of the bumper sticker and what it says? Or do we think that maybe this car is borrowed or maybe they are the third owner? If we want to put a sticker on our window, should we really worry about what others might think about it or us? How important is freedom to you? Can I wear my Glock shirt in public, or just to our club matches? Does anybody have the right to tell me where I can or cannot. If I find a t-shirt at a garage sale and it says 'I survived the slingshot in Dallas', does that mean I ever went to Dallas? Does it mean I ever rode the slingshot? How about a t-shirt being just a t-shirt no matter what it has on it? We're over-thinking things here again IMO.

I don't think that's necessarily true Ram Rod. NRA hats or Glock t-shirts are one thing. Whether you want to debate the idea that wearing one might make you a target or not is fine, there are points on both sides.

However, I think that gun stickers on vehicles are a bad idea. An empty truck parked in a lot with gun sticks all over it very logically might be a juicier target for someone to smash a window and grab what they can find. Whether you actually have a gun in your car to steal or not is irrelevant.

As I mentioned in another thread, I work in an awful neighborhood. The last thing I want is some punk breaking out my windows searching for my piece because I broadcasted that I'm a gun owner with stickers on my window.

Just like with hats, shirts, and other apparel I'd prefer that my truck be incognito as well.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

For me, it's not a tactical decision. It's the simple fact that I'm not getting paid to advertise for somebody.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Just like with hats, shirts, and other apparel I'd prefer that my truck be incognito as well.
    But again...that's a personal preference. It might be wiser to be incognito in bad neighborhoods. If we know we are going to the opera, we dress accordingly. Speaking of bad neighborhoods and such...having a certain type of vehicle alone makes a good target in some areas even if it's "incognito".......it's two tons of stuff that can be taken and sold. Your NRA sticker on the back window will only fall to the ground with the broken glass, or the broken glass can fall by itself without a sticker.
    Is there anywhere in America you would be willing to wear what you wanted to without fear?
    If you live in gangland territory, then more than likely clothing would be an issue. But the rest of the country is ours. How is it we put thoughts into other people's minds? I'm just sayin'. I know how these threads have turned out before. I'm not one to adamantly say one way or another, and I accept all as true and valued opinions based on circumstance or ideals.
    As to the OP...good idea, or bad idea? I'm neutral. Just making a point. Disseminate what's presented here, but it's going to come down to your own personal decision. Consider your environment...if you see gun stickers on vehicles every day in your area, then statistically you're just as likely as the rest of them to make a mark for a hit if you have one too, and more than likely you're not living in gangland territory.
    One thing to add here that may have been overlooked............some folks in this country are making a stand for their rights. It's public knowledge we are going to take back the streets and crime needs to be back on it's heels wondering when and where it will meet it's match. I honestly don't think anyone has posted up the possibility that a gun sticker on your window might very well be a good deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Speaking of bad neighborhoods and such...having a certain type of vehicle alone makes a good target in some areas even if it's "incognito".......it's two tons of stuff that can be taken and sold. Your NRA sticker on the back window will only fall to the ground with the broken glass, or the broken glass can fall by itself without a sticker.
    Car thieves will do whatever they will. I'm not taking about a thief that grabs my entire car. What I'm more concerned about is somebody smashing out my window and breaking open my glove boxes looking for a handgun. Having a gun manufacturer sticker on my vehicle certainly does indicate to a criminal that there is a higher likelihood that a gun might be in my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    If you live in gangland territory, then more than likely clothing would be an issue. But the rest of the country is ours.
    That's my point. As a general statement, I believe it's a bad idea to have stickers on vehicles. Areas like yours where you are apparently free from all fear and harm of vandals are unfortunately the anomaly these days. Luckily, you live an area that is the exception to the rule.

Even people that live in a good part of town (like I do) have business that takes them to less desirable places. Unfortunately you can't just cover up your gun stickers in the crappy areas.

Entirely my own opinion, of course.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I use to have NRA sticker, then I heard that car burglers target vehicles with gun stickers looking for guns. I would put a "The gun is not in the truck, it's in the owners hand" sticker on my vehicle.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

No stickers of any kind on my bumpers...no reason, just don't prefer to have them on my paint. I like guns, but I don't really think much about others with NRA stickers on their cars, and I have even spotted some plates with Sig or Glock and figure that most people would not even realize what they mean. OMO
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 26th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's my point. As a general statement, I believe it's a bad idea to have stickers on vehicles. Areas like yours where you are apparently free from all fear and harm of vandals are unfortunately the anomaly these days. Luckily, you live an area that is the exception to the rule.
    You're right in your opinion, but you take the hard line that it's totally bad in my opinion. Again...circumstances dictate our actions more than they should. I'm not taking a hard line on it, and fully understand your point. I am free from fear because I choose to be......not because of my immediate environment. I'm neutral making a point that I believe comes out on the short end of the stick most often just to keep things neutral. Areas that you perceive to be "exceptions to the rule" likely have community background and/or ideals which neither you nor I fully understand. But I'll go out on a limb and say the "exceptions to the rule" are growing, and we're doing it together as a team effort. Suppressing someone's ideas by perpetrating our beliefs in such a way as to sway them one way or another in their thinking is pretty much the same way the government sways the masses with propaganda, "their" war on crime, why we can become more safe with new laws, etc........ Best thing I can think of to say at this point, and considering some of the neutral replies is.......if you have a gun sticker on your vehicle, then you better not have a gun in your vehicle that can be stolen. My gun is with me and not in my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I use to have NRA sticker, then I heard that car burglars target vehicles with gun stickers looking for guns. I would put a "The gun is not in the truck, it's in the owners hand" sticker on my vehicle.
    I'm guessing the media had a hand in "I heard".............?
    I'm just trying to illicit individual thinking here. I'm ready for verifiable statistics. I'm setting myself up to be crushed in my ways of thinking, but I fear not.

From a Auto Bodyman/Painters prospective...

By all means stick those gun stickers all over your paint!
    Scrape them off the best way you can... razor or #40 grit sandpaper...
    Then bring your wallet and we'll talk. If I can't match the panel or bumper...
    I'll spray the whole vehicle! I love stickers, decals and accessories that adhere to your finish!

Me I wouldn't be caught dead with a sticker or decal on my vehicle
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

If you want to have a sticker on your car, then go ahead and do it. Dont let the terrorists (car thieves) win by keeping you from doing what you want to do. Remember, whether you have stickers or not, to always park in the best possible area you can with the most lighting, and most witnesses around. If you tuck your car away in a back corner of a lot, or behind a dumpster, or whatever, you might as well leave the keys on the hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

VIP Member
    I refuse to put any type of sticker on my vehicle. Doesn't matter if it is gun, political, fishing or even a funny bumper sticker. As far as I'm concerned they make a vehicle look tacky.
    Last edited by archer51; December 26th, 2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

In 40 years of owning cars and trucks I have never once put a sticker on one until............

Why would I put on a Glock sticker?

I even make car dealers take their "flags" off.................

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    In 40 years of owning cars and trucks I have never once put a sticker on one until............

Why would I put on a Glock sticker?

I even make car dealers take their "flags" off.................
    haha, I like that "changey" sticker saying
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links