Ruger Mark 3 "Real World Pricing" Question

This is a discussion on Ruger Mark 3 "Real World Pricing" Question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Quite simply, I have been entertaining getting my hands on a 22 pistol so I can go out and shoot more often. The Ruger Mark ...

Thread: Ruger Mark 3 "Real World Pricing" Question

Smile Ruger Mark 3 "Real World Pricing" Question

Quite simply, I have been entertaining getting my hands on a 22 pistol so I can go out and shoot more often. The Ruger Mark 3 has my attention, so I figured I would ask about what sort of price I should expect to pay.

Any help, as always, is welcome!
    Beretta 92FS

2. Remove Ads

Nobody?
    Beretta 92FS

If you shop around, I would think you could get one in the two to three hundred range. I got one for Christmas last year and absolutely love it.

Pros
    Great for a starter target pistol. It's not too expensive, virtually no recoil, has a nice heavy feel to it. If you look hard enough you can get 500 rounds for fifteen or twenty bucks, so you can shoot it for around $.02 a shot. I've put probably 1700 rounds through it and didn't break the bank.

Cons
    I'm not a huge fan of the sights. It does tend to have some slight reliability problems (possibly my cheap ammo), but it's not a defense carry gun so that's not really a huge issue. I DESPISE field stripping it. Makes it where I won't clean it as often as I probably should(another possible source of less than perfect reliability)

VIP Member
    Depending on what you are looking for (stainless, bull or target barrell, sights...) you could run anywhere from around $250 to $400. You can certainly get a used Mk II cheaper and have virtually the same gun.

The Mk III is a lot of fun. Please don't be intimidated by the horror stories on the dis-assembly. It certainly is not as easy as say a GLOCK, but with a little practice it is not difficult.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

There are a couple of places on the Net that I like to look for pricing what I should expect to be able to buy for. Bud's Gun Shop has some great prices and I've actually bought from them. Davidson's Gun Genie is nice because it will tell you what local dealers have agreed to sell the gun for. Plus, if your dealer gets the gun from Davidson's, you can take advantage of Davidson's Lifetime Replacement even if the gun doesn't have a lifetime factory warranty.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    The Mk III is a lot of fun. Please don't be intimidated by the horror stories on the dis-assembly. It certainly is not as easy as say a GLOCK, but with a little practice it is not difficult.
    The DIS-assembly is a piece of cake! It's the RE-assembly that takes a little patience.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I bought a used standard Ruger .22 auto pistol with fixed sights and a 6" barrel for $125 three months ago. Blue was worn from holster carry, but it shoots fine.

300-400 new depending in size of barrel
    When SHTF I don't call 911, I call 1911
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Kimber ultra carry II stainless steel
    HK uspc

I had the 22/45 model for a while. Very nice but I did not prefer the polymer grip. Sold it for $350, FYI.

Links