Glock magazine spring extremly tight

This is a discussion on Glock magazine spring extremly tight within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; mag on my g21 sf is so tight it insane what's the best way to work it in? It's to hard to load and won't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock magazine spring extremly tight

Glock magazine spring extremly tight

mag on my g21 sf is so tight it insane what's the best way to work it in? It's to hard to load and won't release mag with full clip right now any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    My various G19 mags are all really tight too. They are about a year old and have stayed tight despite use. I have to use the included mag loader to put in the last 5 rounds. They still feed fine.

As for not dropping free... hmmm All the mags I have seen in the USA have been "drop free" (so they will fall out of the gun even if fully loaded). As originally designed by Gaston Glock, the top part of the mag was plastic and when it was full, it would expand and friction would hold it if you accidentally press the mag release. The drop free mags have the steel sleeve all the way up so they don't flex. It could be you have non drop free mags?

I would assume your pistol is pretty new if, call Glock in Georgia.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Load it to full capacity using the provided loading tool. It's going to be rough, but it can be done. Once it's done, it gets easier. As far as not dropping the magazine readily, try some Armor-All on the magazine or something similar.

firthually brand new and i can load all 13 in it i its the factory mags so i dunno what i got ill leave them both loaded to loasen them a little

Glock and most of my double stack mags are really tight.

I think it's just that way by design?

As for your mags not dropping out, try cleaning your mags and mag well out really well. It could be some gunk in there.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

it releases perfect when you pull one into the chamber so im not completly sure if its the expanding plastic then thats fine as long as my glock isnt jacked up then ima happy guy

Administrator
    No, your Glock isnt jacked. They are tight.

Not to be smart, but if your using the loader because of need, you might want to strengthen up your hands a bit.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Load it to full capacity using the provided loading tool. It's going to be rough, but it can be done. Once it's done, it gets easier. As far as not dropping the magazine readily, try some Armor-All on the magazine or something similar.
    It is not usually a good idea at all to lubricate any magazine. I would sooner recommend a third party magazine. Using a magazine reloader is an okay idea if you don't have thick skin on your thumb yet but.....
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

i dont know how to use the loader i just use my thumb haha and maybe it will work itself out it cycles perfect and everything that has been my only issue

My Glock mags were very tight. Just squeeze 'em in and let it sit for awhile.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    when i get new mags that are tight i cycle them at the range with 5 or 6 rounds at a time to get the springs cycling quicker than full loads...its cycling that loosens the mags up...leave them filled to capacity in the safe and it might help a bit just to settle the springs in...you can load them and cycle them by hand also..just flip the rounds out of them after loading them...compression and expeansion is what wears the springs....

ok ive got them sittin in my safe right now loaded my main concern was it not releasing when full (thoguh didnt get a chance to examine which style of mag i have) so i dunno it works great and releases smoothly when its only got 12 in it so ill so some more research and go on with my life

Get an Uplula loader. Load and unload the mags a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post
    Get an Uplula loader. Load and unload the mags a few times.

+1...I ordered mine directly from Israel... ZAHAL - UpLULA - Universal Pistol Magazine Loader

It's a lil tool that you will never regret having in your range bag. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

A week or two under pressure will make them easier to load. On my 13 rd Glock mag I was not able to get 13 rds in it so i put 12 in and in a couple of weeks i could get 13 in no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links