Wounded My Range Bag

This is a discussion on Wounded My Range Bag within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the range yesterday to sight in my new Browning Buckmark Camper .22 LR pistol. I used my range bag for a rest & ...

Thread: Wounded My Range Bag

1943 - 2009

Wounded My Range Bag

Went to the range yesterday to sight in my new Browning Buckmark Camper .22 LR pistol. I used my range bag for a rest & before I realized it, the muzzle blast wiped out about an inch long section of the zipper on the outside pocket of the bag.

Oops! It still works, tho. Just have to be careful not to slide the keepers past the break.

The Browning had one FTE malfunction on the second shot with CCI standard velocity ammo, the remaining 98 rounds fed, fired & ejected perfectly. I like this pistol.
    Attached Images

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Wanted; for assault on an innocent range bag with a deadly weapon. His alias is Captain Crunch. Consider him armed and dangerous!!!

Opps

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    LOL!

Reminds me of one of my dad's old buddies. He showed up one day with this scratch across the roof of his car. It seems he tried using it as a rest, while shooting. The bullet took a 1/16-1/8" wide strip of paint right off the metal. Fortunately for him it was just an old beater car anyway, but he got a lot of ribbing over it.

Assistant Administrator
    Ohoh - collateral damage

I have some sandbags I use often but one of those got well burned up after some over-zealous revo resting - the area under cylinder (it was the .454!) - was sooted and burned thru, badly!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    ...I hate when that happens.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar

D'oh!

Stupid gun heat!

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    LOL!

Reminds me of one of my dad's old buddies. He showed up one day with this scratch across the roof of his car. It seems he tried using it as a rest, while shooting. The bullet took a 1/16-1/8" wide strip of paint right off the metal. Fortunately for him it was just an old beater car anyway, but he got a lot of ribbing over it.
    I had a similar experience, sighting in my 303 for hunting season one year. I was standing in the bed of my pickup and resting on the roof, shooting out over the hood. I didn't hit the truck, but the concussion from the muzzle blast, knocked the inside rear view mirror off the windshield.

Luckily it didn't break and the next seven years were just fine.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I love my buckmark. Hope you are as happy with yours as I have been with mine. If it's brand new, a little break-in is normally needed, as long as I keep mine reasonably clean, it will eat anything. Accurate, reliable, and way too much fun!

Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Just tell anyone that notices it that it's tactical...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

LOL, My brother did that to the roof of my car once.

Lead Moderator
    Once out shooting .22 rifles , my buddy was hitting the ege of his car antenna. resting the rifle on the hood and looking thru a scope. Made the funniest twang with every shot. It took some paint off , but that was it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Once out shooting .22 rifles , my buddy was hitting the ege of his car antenna. resting the rifle on the hood and looking thru a scope. Made the funniest twang with every shot. It took some paint off , but that was it.
    I hit a fishing line from 20 feet with a scoped crosman 760 pumpmaster pellet gun years ago. Trying to get a stuck fishing luor out of a tree. It just "twanged" really loud, but didn't break the string.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4my son
    I hit a fishing line from 20 feet with a scoped crosman 760 pumpmaster pellet gun years ago. Trying to get a stuck fishing luor out of a tree. It just "twanged" really loud, but didn't break the string.
    LOL!

I have an old Red Ryder type BB rifle that had the lever action on it. When I was a kid, I used to hang pop cans from a piece of kite string and shoot at the string. I could usually break the string with one or two shots, at 20-25 ft. If i didn't weight the cans down with water, the wind would blow them around and make it near impossible to hit.

I wish I had as much time to waste plinking these days as I did back then, I would probably be a much better shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    LOL!

I wish I had as much time to waste plinking these days as I did back then, I would probably be a much better shot.

Your not kidding,

I will though be making more time when my little man gets a little older.

Links