Would you post pictures of you shooting on Facebook? - Page 4

Would you post pictures of you shooting on Facebook?

This is a discussion on Would you post pictures of you shooting on Facebook? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nope. I generally don't put anything personally identifiable out there for the world to see. The might be a picture or two of me on ...

View Poll Results: Would you post pictures of you or your family shooting on Facebook?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

107 37.94%
  • No

175 62.06%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you post pictures of you shooting on Facebook?

Nope. I generally don't put anything personally identifiable out there for the world to see. The might be a picture or two of me on facebook, but I didn't post them.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I suppose I might. I don't usually take pictures of all of us (wife, kids and me) when we go to the range but it is good quality family fun.

Not sure what the potential drawbacks might be but reading the thread I have seen a couple that I had not considered before.

By the way, PM me and I'll add you as a friend if you want me to.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Yes, because I have several students on my FB page. We also post instructional videos from time to time, and I even have a few of my son being taught how to shoot. I don't see it as an issue, it's never me pointing AT the camera, and seeing as how it's my vocation, it doesn't seem that out of line.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    For those who think posting here is any safer than on facebook.

www.Defensivecarry.com picture - Google Images

If they are on the internet, they can be found.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    yes, i've got several pictures of me at the range on FB. i see no harm in it, i'm not doing anything illegal in the pictures and most people I know know I have weapons and shoot regularly. i've got no reason to hide what i do for a hobby
    I agree completely. There are photos of me shooting at a range. No gang banger style - holding the gun sideways or pointing it at the camera, but proper technique at a shooting range.

Too many people are paranoid of what photos may exist of them. It's nonsense.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

VIP Member
    No.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It's fairly obvious if you look at my FB page that I am pro gun, although I have never posted pics of myself shooting. If any of my friends don't like it, they are free to not look.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Ape
    Paranoia in the gun world sometimes makes me laugh and shake my head.......

Doesn't it seem a bit funny that those of you who voted "no" did so because of possible legal and privacy issue's?

You do realize all that you post in forums such as this can be found quite easily and traced right back to you and everything about you, right?

I can understand not posting things like this for professional business reasons for some people.
    But in all honesty I believe the more we make our hobby something to be weary of and hide from others....the more it becomes taboo for the ignorant. If we make it a hush hush darkened basement kind of activity....then it becomes something evil to those we need to educate IMO.

I voted yes and have absolutely no worries about possible ramifications for doing so. Like others have said.....it's no different than talking about and posting pics of my other hobbies.
    If I was some tin foil hat wearing nut job who went off and shot up a Mall......then yes, all I've posted will be used against me.
    However if I use my gun in SD against someone who meant to do me severe bodily harm...... Then I'll let my lawyer handle the rest since I'm still alive to defend myself in the future. ;)

I distrust FaceBook so much, I am no longer on it. Their privacy policy keeps changing and now, friends of friends can view your "private" photos and messages. It's just NOT worth it.

No good will come of those types of photos being on FaceBook. If you are just dying to share them, maybe you can put hen on Flickr. At least that you can control (some). Even then, someone could download the photos and re-post them somewhere else.

Then again, this type of question is just begging for the type of debate that surrounds the "OC or not 2 OC" debate.

Right now, there seems to be more "gun related" news. Some good and some not. It may be possible that the antis are just waiting for enough of the "not good" news to accumulate, to jump out with a good "I told you so".

While I am for openness in expressing 2A views, I ask that you do your best to keep in a positive light.

I have a few gun-related pics on my profile, but as has been metioned here already, my privacy settings are set so that only people on my friends list can see them. And I am quick to ignore most friend requests. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    I post occasional pics of me on fb shooting, especially with the family. It is a hobby like any other, and pics of me at kenpo or jogging (my other hobbies) get old fast. :)

That said, those pics HAVE cost me once. When I bought my AR 15 I took it (along with a bunch of other stuff of course) out to the desert with the family and some friends to shoot it. We had a great time and posted a few pics on fb. It ended up causing some upset to a family in the church I am the pastor of, who ended up leaving the church over it.

In the end it wasn't the end of the world; they found another church nearby that was good for them, so they weren't unduly affected. It did make me reassess how much firearms stuff I put on fb though!
    You know what? In my opinion, that was their issue, not yours. You are within the law and it is your life not theirs. Better off without them, IMO!
    I know that sounds harsh, but seriously, if they are that afraid, W/E about guns, it is no loss on your part.
    Personally, I think it is pretty cool!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

This is my Facebook profile pic...

I don't care if people know I shoot.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Keep in mind that once it is on the internet you can never really get rid of it.
    yupyupyupyup. the internet is forever. Search engines crawl the web cataloging and storing whatever is there...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

I voted NO for the same reason I don't have a FB account and have an unlisted/unpublished phone #; I am very private and do not allow many people inside my perimeter.

Before I was married again the only photo of me taken in 10 years was on my drivers license, and I let my hair and beard grow long before it was taken so I did not look like I did everyday.

I voted yes, and I have pics of my kids and myself shooting. I am a mom, and for me it is something we all really enjoy and I am not embarrassed or ashamed of it, so it goes on when I feel like putting them up. The only flack I ever got was from my mother who is an anti and thinks I'm nuts for wanting a gun. I now block her from seeing pics when I post them.

I think as a woman and a mother it is good for others to see that people of ALL kinds enjoy shooting. I don't advertise that I carry, but I am a proud gun owner/2nd Amendment supporter/NRA member/etc. I also am a stay at home mom so I have no job worries and I do have all my pictures set to friends/networks only.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links