XS Big dot sights

This is a discussion on XS Big dot sights within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I put a set of these on the Glock 19 New Years Day. Today I took it out for a shakedown cruise. These sights have ...

Thread: XS Big dot sights

XS Big dot sights

I put a set of these on the Glock 19 New Years Day. Today I took it out for a shakedown cruise. These sights have got to be the best combat sight ever! Just put the HUGE front dot on top of where you want to hit and the rear sight just seems to find its own way into the proper place. At 7 yds, I was putting 15 rounds into a 4" circle as fast as I could pull the trigger.

These are not target sights, but I would enthusiastically recommend them for anyones carry gun.

YMMV

Lon

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
    I put a set of these on the Glock 19 New Years Day. Today I took it out for a shakedown cruise. These sights have got to be the best combat sight ever! Just put the HUGE front dot on top of where you want to hit and the rear sight just seems to find its own way into the proper place. At 7 yds, I was putting 15 rounds into a 4" circle as fast as I could pull the trigger.

These are not target sights, but I would enthusiastically recommend them for anyones carry gun.

YMMV

Lon
    Big Dots are certainly different. You either really like them, or you don't. I have a set on my G22 that I just can't get used to. I'd probably adjust if that was the only sight I used, but I shoot in competition with a notch-post sight system. Switching back and forth between guns is getting difficult, so I'll probably get rid of the Big Dots to stick with one style.
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Thanks for the post. It reminded me I have to call XS and order a front sight for my HD 640-1 revolver. I think I'll try the standard size dot.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have been using them for several years and I have found them just as easy to use on 20+yd IDPA targets as 3--5yd "combat" distances. I like them a lot; I find that I pick up stacking type sights much more quickly than I do three-dots, and I will eventually have XS sights on all my pistols.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Got the Big Dot on my Glock 27 and love it. My 340PD came with the regular sized X/S and it too is a keeper!

We have a set of XS sights on my wife's PM9 which is a up close defensive pistol (even though she can shoot it like it has a 4 inch barrel ) so the 2 pair very well
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Place dot, insert bullet.

Here are some photos of the 24/7 express sights on my CZ-82. I also have them on my CZ RAMI

21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

That is what I need for me 'bad eyes'. I ordered one the other day and selected the big dot over the standard size.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

I took mine off last night and shipped them to their new owner this morning.
    I looked at it this way...
    On the close-in "combat" ranges (<7 yards) I can index/point shoot sufficiently well and faster than looking at sights. If/when I NEED to take a longer shot, I like a bit more precision than the Big Dots offered. I noticed that shooting at the smaller steel targets at our club shoots, the dot covered most of the target. Again, I probably could've become used to them if that was the only sight I used.
    To each his own...
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

I have the regular dot on my 4" Wilson 1911, and can still make nice groups at 25 yds. They are fast, above all else.
    A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.

BC

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I took mine off last night and shipped them to their new owner this morning.
    I looked at it this way...
    On the close-in "combat" ranges (<7 yards) I can index/point shoot sufficiently well and faster than looking at sights. If/when I NEED to take a longer shot, I like a bit more precision than the Big Dots offered. I noticed that shooting at the smaller steel targets at our club shoots, the dot covered most of the target. Again, I probably could've become used to them if that was the only sight I used.
    To each his own...
    This is good thinking. I've been wanting to try them on my G33 but for the reasons you mentioned, I'll probably go with my current favorite night sight, Ameriglo Pro Operators, instead. I can get the Ameriglos for about $30 cheaper too.

On a side note, I did order an XS Big Dot front bead for my 870P. I haven't installed it yet but it sounds like the perfect HD shotgun sight if someone is looking to upgrade their plain bead.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    This is good thinking. I've been wanting to try them on my G33 but for the reasons you mentioned, I'll probably go with my current favorite night sight, Ameriglo Pro Operators, instead. I can get the Ameriglos for about $30 cheaper too.
    Those are the exact sights I ordered to replace the Big Dots! They shipped yesterday.
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel

one more for the xs big dots, they really work for me, have them on my 36 and 21. must be the older eyes thing.

Links