Talk Show Host gets Popped By Scope - Page 2

Talk Show Host gets Popped By Scope

This is a discussion on Talk Show Host gets Popped By Scope within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I tried to find R. lee Ermey scope checking himself on youtube, but couldn't. It was on the ammo episode near the end....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried to find R. lee Ermey scope checking himself on youtube, but couldn't. It was on the ammo episode near the end.
    When SHTF I don't call 911, I call 1911
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Kimber ultra carry II stainless steel
    HK uspc

That is terrible, and I hate to see #$% like this!

Two shooters on the deck one acting as RO to the primary, who clearly is a newbie, along with a third party observer as well as a fourth man operating the camera.
    Not one of the _three_ observer thought to provide this newbie shooter with good and proper demonstration of technique, as prior to giving him a gun to shoot. Why they had him shooting off a bagged rest low while standing makes no sense to me either. Poor.

Then the shooter asks; "This isn't going to hurt is it?"

That right there is a clear sign he is a newbie and that he's having anxiety about handling the firearm period, not just taking the shot.
    A _good_ RO would have thought hey let me slow things down a sec and be triple sure this newbie shooter will be successful in this exercise...AND NOT HURT HIMSELF!

That was terrible and they did this guy no favors in the immediate never mind that when he goes home away from the macho male 'shooters' he's going to be thinking okay never again because they told me it wouldn't "hurt" and it did.

Way to go guys!
    Stay classy as you recruit more newbie shooters and scope eye them too.

- Janq

P.S. - Even further indignity is someone posted this on the internet for no good reason but to get a belly laugh, at the newbie shooters expense. Hilarious. :|
    Meanwhile other newbie potential shooters see this and note the comments of ehh it happens to everyone (who has suck 'friends' like these people!) and it' part of the learning experience (when you have suck people like these doing you no favors!) and what would a rational person think? No way I'm going to try that...I like my eyes and face as they are, and being the butt of YouTube video laughs is the suck. Awesome, sign me up for that! Not.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

Two shooters on the deck one acting as RO to the primary, who clearly is a newbie, along with a third party observer as well as a fourth man operating the camera.
    Not one of the _three_ observer thought to provide this newbie shooter with good and proper demonstration of technique, as prior to giving him a gun to shoot. Why they had him shooting off a bagged rest low while standing makes no sense to me either. Poor.

I agree 100%. Every time I take a newbie shooting, I work them up from small caliber to a larger one depending on how they do.
    This is to ensure they have a positive experience and want to get active in the world of firearms.

The guy who got himself scoped, just had a mixed experience. He may shy a way next time from shooting.

For starters the position they were shooting in was not very comfortable. Throw that in the mix with being new to the sport and you have a bad experience just waiting to happen.

Nobody seemed to give a flip if he was holding the gun safely or not and as we see he got bit by the scope. He should have turned around and given the guys watching a matching black eye.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links