Gun ad on Craig's List

This is a discussion on Gun ad on Craig's List within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering if anyone here knew of an ad allegedly posted on Craigs's List that was making the rounds on the internet last year. ...

Thread: Gun ad on Craig's List

Gun ad on Craig's List

I was wondering if anyone here knew of an ad allegedly posted on Craigs's List that was making the rounds on the internet last year. Essentially a bad guy had attempted to hold up a guy in FL, but the potential victim was armed with a Kimber 1911 and fended off the attack and then turned the tables on the attacker. The ad was done in quite a comedic style. I wish I had kept it when it was forwarded to me via e-mail. If anyone has a copy of this or a link to where I could find it, that would be great. Thanks.
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

2. Remove Ads

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
    Date: 05-27-09, 1:43 A M EST.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on my girlfriend and me, threatening our lives.

You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.

My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very Intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, wasn't it?

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from bare footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I Went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that?

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number, etc).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
    Alex

P.S. Remember this motto. An armed society makes for a more civil society!

Now that is some funny stuff!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Oh, I just love that! I have read it before, but it still makes me laugh!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That freakin funny as all get out.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I would be willing to bet a lot of money that it is an urban legend. Regardless, it is really funny to read!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

should be posted again, BG'S read craigs list all the time..

got to love it

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    That was hilarious! It should be embarrassing to be a BG!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thank you very much for posting that. It truly is funny!
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

On this very same subject here are some guys trying to corner a guy with a bat after following him and trying to run him off the road. Watch as the tables turn!
    No one gets shot...They just learn their lesson thats all...

WARNING: Bad Language in this link!
    Mod: I'm new here and if it is inappropriate please delete

Red Neck BMW Road Rage Video

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Google "First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason."

It appears in a number of places. I received it once via email about a year ago.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    While it is funny, it has been around for some time, the city changes but that's all. If it is true the person who wrote it is an idiot, since he admitted to numerous felonies: ie. credit card fraud, threatening phone calls, vandalism, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by VrodRay View Post
    On this very same subject here are some guys trying to corner a guy with a bat after following him and trying to run him off the road. Watch as the tables turn!
    No one gets shot...They just learn their lesson thats all...

WARNING: Bad Language in this link!
    Mod: I'm new here and if it is inappropriate please delete

Red Neck BMW Road Rage Video
    That was awesome! Guess they shouldn't have brought a baseball bat to a gunfight!
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Links