a little trigger time in the woods

This is a discussion on a little trigger time in the woods within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally got out to test drive the new shotgun. My wife has been waiting patiently to shoot it. It was about 30 degrees, you can ...

Thread: a little trigger time in the woods

a little trigger time in the woods

Finally got out to test drive the new shotgun. My wife has been waiting patiently to shoot it. It was about 30 degrees, you can tell she's cold. But she insisted on going out today. Shot the 870 with birdshot and #4 buckshot. I have some low recoil on orders so these were full 2 3/4" shells. It's got a little more punch than the longer barrel. She shot the Keltec P3at a few times. I got to practice some draw and fire with my G19. testing out the camcorder from Christmas too. Figured I would post it up.

Any constructive criticism is fine. I'm sure I'll get some ;) We were watching the video and already talked about a few things, stance, grip, etc. She does not like the P3at much. Looks like another Glock may be in our future. She likes the shotgun, though her face does not seem to a few times.

To answer a few questions. We both had ear and eye protection. Camera was on a tripod. We were shooting in a gully into the far bank.

Warning for slow connections, the vid is about 8 1/2 minutes. If your bored, enjoy.

shooting 1-06 on Vimeo

Also took my youngest out to the same spot last week. After a quick safety talk she put a few .22 rds out of her chipmunk. She had a great time, still talking about it.

After seeing the questions about showing vids shooting. It's nice to live in a state where I don't worry or care what folks think about me owning guns! I could not imagine having to worry about that.

2. Remove Ads

Not much beats trigger time in the woods with the kids, except that first deer...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1. Looks like a great day!

Links