reply from smith n wesson

This is a discussion on reply from smith n wesson within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok i emailed smith n wesson on saterday about the exccesiv triger pull with my ve 40.i know was told about the stiff pull here ...

Thread: reply from smith n wesson

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

reply from smith n wesson

ok i emailed smith n wesson on saterday about the exccesiv triger pull with my ve 40.i know was told about the stiff pull here but i had already bought the gun.btw the pull acording to s&w is ten to fourteen pounds. and they say thay cant adjust it because it must have fallen into there peramiters of 10 to 14 lbs. man in my mind thats heavy and ill be selling or trading it in at eirlyist opertunity and i wont buy another.: it was my first plastic gun and i was told that for the safety being in the trigger that was normal. well i now know you can get a glock down to 4 or 5 pounds so whats the deal with the smith i also talked to a local smith where i live and he told me no way to fix it any way thought you all might have some views my opinion as of now is ill never buy another plastic gun

2. Remove Ads

glock comes with around 6.5 trigger some say 5.5 depends how you mesure it ..

There is a guy who will do trigger jobs on the sigma but it cost as much as the gun sell it or keep it as a beater not much else you can do

Keep it. I have several guns in my collection that I have not shot in several years. There is no reason to sale a gun, add it to your collection. Work on it on your time, one way to bond with your guns.

frankmakol

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I think that Wolff makes a spring kit for the Sigma.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

sorry to bother any one but do you have a site for wollf parts
    thanks im still thinking id rather have a gun that can be tuned to my prefs thanks all of you

1951 - 2011
    Hello. Wolff Gunsprings is at www.gunsprings.com

Best.

Assistant Administrator
    Never realized they were that heavy!

Mind you - I can and do accept heavy - IF - smooth and progressive. That is something familiarity and practice can get to grips with but - gritty and creep - whole 'nother problem.

If yours is actually smooth then maybe some perseverence would yield a perceived improvement.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

If the trigger on his sigma is like any of the other Ive fired its anything but smooth and stacks getting super heavy before let off .. Not sure what a wolf kit will do for it

You could try polishing trigger components but not sure how good that will do ya

Smith has pretty much let the sigma go by the way side since they had to settle with glock for copyright infringement i read some where glock gets 25 or 50$ for every sigma sold

wish a glock triger group would fit lol dont think ill little disapointed at the whole thing but thats what i get for not researching it better live n learn thats why i orderd the daily

Yeah its just different enough that glock trigger group wont fit we were looking at my uncles when he first got it

I would suggest reading up on the Glock $0.25 trigger job, learning to detail strip your pistol, and applying the same concepts. Flitz and a muslin/felt bob, or even the med-fine rubber polishing tips won't damage your parts, unless you go crazy. Hint: don't "round" sharp edges, but lightly "break" the edge to make sure things are smooth. Flat surfaces should **SHINE**. Follow up with a Wolff kit, and I'm pretty sure you'll be much happier.

Lead Moderator
    I wouldn't screw with a carry gun. either let a smith fix it or buy a diffrent handgun. Nothing wrong with poly framed pistols, you just got a poor example compared to a Glock or similar.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    I would suggest reading up on the Glock $0.25 trigger job, learning to detail strip your pistol, and applying the same concepts. Flitz and a muslin/felt bob, or even the med-fine rubber polishing tips won't damage your parts, unless you go crazy. Hint: don't "round" sharp edges, but lightly "break" the edge to make sure things are smooth. Flat surfaces should **SHINE**. Follow up with a Wolff kit, and I'm pretty sure you'll be much happier.

Isnt quite as easy as that on a sigma trust me im talking from exp here

The Wolff spring makes a big difference in a Sigma. Just be sure to check/test with your carry ammo - should be fine, but the spring does reduce the striker's hit on the firing pin.
    I put one in a friend's pistol, and after 30 minutes of figuring out how to disassemble the thing, it was about a one-minute job...... which is usual for me.

Links