FeedRamp clink

This is a discussion on FeedRamp clink within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, I just got a sig sauer p229 .40 SCT. I noticed when brushing the feedramp it made a little clink noise (not loud enough ...

Thread: FeedRamp clink

FeedRamp clink

OK, I just got a sig sauer p229 .40 SCT. I noticed when brushing the feedramp it made a little clink noise (not loud enough to notice but I notice everything) I push my finger on the top part that connects to the feed ramp and the whole thing kind of moves a little and makes a little clink noise. I've shot 155 rounds out of it so far and no jams so it has no feeding issues. It eats everything I've given it to far. Now I have another p229 9mm two tone so I check to see if that one does the same thing but it doesn't. Its solid as a rock. I'm wondering if this is something I should take more notice to or just leave it alone and not pay attention to small minute detail (something I've always been good at doing is finding even the slightest thing wrong with anything). I'm fairly newer to guns compared to the majority of the rest out there and I have no idea if this is a issue I should be concerned with or not. Again its not just the feedramp its the whole thing its connected to.
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

2. Remove Ads

If the action is open the barrel will move slightly,when the action is closed everything should lockup tight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If the action is open the barrel will move slightly,when the action is closed everything should lockup tight
    not the barrel, the feed ramp and the whole piece that is connected to it moves. I know the barrel is supposed to move when the slide is back. I'm talking about when the slide is totally off and I'm talking about the receiver
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Interesting. That's the locking block, and your trigger housing. Your take down lever also goes through that right? Yep...that's actually part of the feed ramp, and it's part of the frame. There may be just a slight movement there, especially if you push down on the block at the ramp near the magazine well. I don't think there's an issue unless there is excessive play.

Maybe take it back to the gun shop and ask them. If not them, contact Sig and ask them
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links