Beretta96 or Glock31

Beretta96 or Glock31

This is a discussion on Beretta96 or Glock31 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering which I should get, a Glock31-.357, or a Beretta96-.40 cal? I love the way the beretta looks, but talking to Law Enforcers, ...

Thread: Beretta96 or Glock31

New Member Array moderatetennessean's Avatar

Beretta96 or Glock31

I was wondering which I should get, a Glock31-.357, or a Beretta96-.40 cal? I love the way the beretta looks, but talking to Law Enforcers, the Glock is better. What is the Difference in the power and distance between the .40 cal and the .357 SIG? I still have a couple of years before I can legally purchase a new handgun from a gun store or carry a Concealed weapon, but I would still love to know.

I had a guy who was going to sell me a Helwan 9MM, which looks so similar to a Beretta, but I didn't buy it, now he doesn't want to sell it.

Since im nto a fan of the 40 im of course gonna tell ya to buy the 357sig which isnt avaible in a beretta so looks like the glock

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Since im nto a fan of the 40 im of course gonna tell ya to buy the 357sig which isnt avaible in a beretta so looks like the glock
    Gotta agree with Bud. Once you catch the Glock fever you may never come back!

Simple, reliable, combat accurate. Glock: The AK-47 of the handgun world. (Man I should be employed by their marketing department.! )

Some people don't like the Glock because of the lack of the manual safety. It took me a while to really get used to it. But the conversations with many on here have really put me at ease. Get a good holster and keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member
    If you can find one, there's a the Beretta Cougar 8357 (in 357 SIG)....its discontinued and not many were made.

I own a Beretta 96F Centurion...the Centurions have also been discontinued...it's a great gun.

I don't think the Glock is necessarily better; some people shoot them better or find them more ergonomic than most other guns. If you can get your hands on both guns; try to fire some rounds through them and make your choice after seeing for yourself which gun fits you.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I have a GLOCK 26. Its the sub-compact 9mm. I originally bought it for concealed carry. It is a great gun and I have had 1600 flawless rounds through. Very accurate for it's size. I like the 9mm for several reasons. One being I think premium defense loads in 9mm will work just fine. And I can practice more often due to cheaper ammo.

I personally am not a big fan of the 40. If the 357 ever gits a bit more mainstream I'll warm up to it a little more.

Glocks are more versatile, and can easily handle add-ons right? Like being able to accommodate flashlight on the rail under the barrel, or laser and what not. The Beretta can't easily fit them, right?

Administrator

Nothing against Beretta

In this case (were I you) ~ I would grab the GLOCKER.

If the Beretta has a rail under the barrel then it can easily accept a light/laser. But all 3rd generation GLOCKs, except subcompacts have a rail.

Check out the Glock 32 before you buy the 31.
    I bought mine used with a factory .40S&W barrel & I later bought a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel.
    All 3 drop in,feed like champs & are incredibly accurate.
    I assume you could do the same with the 31;
    I just like the smaller frame.

Both guns are good.
    frankmako

I like the full fram weapons. In Tennessee, you can carry any handgun of any caliber and size with a permit.

Beretta came out with the PX4 in 40 or 9mm. I also own a 96 and it shoots quite well.merlin45kout

Lead Moderator
    get what points natually to you better, or feels the best in your hand. A few Glock mdels were having rail/light issues with reliability. Might want to read up on that before making a decision too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links