taurus 24/7 .45 slide lock problem

This is a discussion on taurus 24/7 .45 slide lock problem within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; anyone having trouble with there Taurus 24/7 .45 not going to slide lock at the end of the magazine? I am thinking possible magazine issues ...

Thread: taurus 24/7 .45 slide lock problem

anyone having trouble with there Taurus 24/7 .45 not going to slide lock at the end of the magazine?
    I am thinking possible magazine issues or maybe it is just the ammo any insight on this let me know.
    It is not always just ever third magazine probably.

24/7 g2 slide lock problem

I am not only experiencing the same problem but just getting the slide catch to stay engaged during any (or no) movement of the firearm is a challenge.

Slide catch issue.jpg

The rounded design of the slide catch combined with interference of the slide with the slide catch lever and a relatively strong spring allows the catch to "slip" out of the notch in the slide. I will be contacting Taurus customer service Monday and will report back their answer.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Could be several causes--weak ammo, too stiff recoil spring, mag follower not engaging slide lock properly, weak grip, etc. eliminate each one at a time.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    A common fix for this is to take the entire Taurus pistol in your hand, manually rack the slide and lock it back to make sure it is unloaded. Then you place the Taurus pistol on your workbench and replace the Taurus pistol in your hand with a Glock.

OK, I'm sorry for that I couldn't resist.

The real answer is take a sharpie and write a number on all of you mags. Next time you go to the range make notes every time you have a malfunction. Pretty soon you'll figure out what mags are having a problem and what mags aren't. Replace the springs in the mags that aren't working. If that doesn't work then check back with us.
    Last edited by atctimmy; June 19th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

The issue with mine has nothing to do with the magazine, the slide catch will not stay engaged even with no mag present. It does lock on an empty clip but usually releases as soon as the mag is released or if no mag, the slightest touch on the catch releases the slide.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Knapp View Post
    The issue with mine has nothing to do with the magazine, the slide catch will not stay engaged even with no mag present. It does lock on an empty clip but usually releases as soon as the mag is released or if no mag, the slightest touch on the catch releases the slide.
    I was answering the OPs question. You need a new slide catch. Ask taurus to send you a new one or look here...Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    A common fix for this is to take the entire Taurus pistol in your hand, maunually rack the slide and lock it back to make sure it is unloaded. Then you place the Taurus pistol on your workbench and replace the Taurus pistol in your hand with a Glock.

OK, I'm sorry for that I couldn't resist.

The real answer is take a sharpie and write a number on all of you mags. Next time you go to the range make notes every time you have a malfunction. Pretty soon you'll figure out what mags are having a problem and what mags aren't. Replace the springs in the mags that aren't working. If that doesn't work then check back with us.
    Nice one Tim
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I haven't had that problem. I've put between 300-500 rounds through mine (too tired to try and remember), and my last range trip I was having a problem with my 12rd magazine- it wasn't pushing the rounds up hard enough, so I was jamming occasionally. I tried my 10rd out, and it was perfect. So, I need a new magazine for carry purposes.

If all else fails, call Taurus- they've managed to help me with any questions I've had.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Borrow a few mags from a friend and see if they work before you spend any money.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Links