Anyone Have experience with the Para-USA GI Expert?

This is a discussion on Anyone Have experience with the Para-USA GI Expert? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Para-USA GI Expert Single Stack 1911 45 acp.? I was looking for a decent gun ...

Thread: Anyone Have experience with the Para-USA GI Expert?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Para-USA GI Expert Single Stack 1911 45 acp.? I was looking for a decent gun for entry level IPSC and/or USPSA competiton shooting. I know my S&W 40ve will do fine for the time being but i would like to get into the 1911 class eventually. If this isnt a great choice then give me some other suggestions for a 1911 for under $900.00 NEW. Also the Para-USA SSP 1911 single stack? Would either of these also work for CC/SD?
    When it comes down to life or death, I choose life. Help promote defensive carry and gun ownership...

Yes your S&W will work great. I have been shooting USPSA for a long time and still enjoy production class the best. As for a good gun for single stack class, I would look for a good used Norinco 1911a1. They are a very well built gun, you can get them at a real good price and use the extra money to have it set up to your liking, things like good sites, and grips. You will be restricted to 8 rounds so you are looking at allot of mag changes so get allot of good mags and mag pouches I would carry at least five. Good luck. And yes it would still be great for CC
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Check out the American Classic II and Firestorm line of guns. Made in Philippians for American market. So is Rock Island, another good one.

I love my American Classic, and it's well under $500

I almost bought the PARA GI. Very nice gun for price as well.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

For USPSA Production (not Single Stack), GLOCK and M&P dominate. A G34 is state of the art in Production--just an FYI, and you'll save a couple hundred dollars.

If you just have to go Single Stack? Para has been losing influence in USPSA for several years. They had quite a presence back around 2005, but they've been making Ross Perot's "Giant Sucking Sound" since then. I see a lot of Wilsons (ouch) and a lot of S&Ws, Springfield, and Rock River 1911s.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

You can get Springfield GI's for good prices. I saw two at a gun show Saturday, one was $495 and one was $525.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Check out the American Classic II and Firestorm line of guns. Made in Philippians for American market. So is Rock Island, another good one.

I love my American Classic, and it's well under $500

I almost bought the PARA GI. Very nice gun for price as well.
    HOLY CRAP^^^^^^^

Just looked at this, at a gun blast review. WoW!!!!

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." - Unknown
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

My dad has a S&W Model 39 in 45 ACP that is in good condition.would this work for single stack? I dont know much about the 39. Im not saying i HAVE to enter single stack im just looking into what might spark my interst. I dont own a 1911 or similar gun yet so this is a good excuse to get one. Other questions i have about USPSA are how do i qualify? What are the ammo qualifications required? how can i find a local match that I can attend to see how the layout is? Also what is the difference in USPSA matchs and steel challenges? If I do enter production what can I do to my 40ve that still makes me legal? Im VERY new to any type of Handgun Competition so ANY help will be benificial. Anyone know of a forum dedicated to USPSA comp that will also answer alot of my questions?
    When it comes down to life or death, I choose life. Help promote defensive carry and gun ownership...

fantastic gun. total tac driver and dead reliable:

here's my full review with pics:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...view-pics.html

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    HOLY CRAP^^^^^^^

Just looked at this, at a gun blast review. WoW!!!!

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." - Unknown
    Yup. AMII is getting alot of good press, and I can't say enough about it.

The Para is still a great gun too. Member Assy McGee (can't get over that name!) Seems to like his a bunch.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Here you go United States Practical Shooting Association There web site will tell you everything you want to know. Also check with your local gun ranges and gun shops. They are all open to the public and most local clubs have a practice session once a week or so and is also open to the public. We very much encourage all new comers. Its a great sport with tuns of great folks, and lots of great trigger time. Good luck and have fun, thats the main thing. You don't have to have a bunch of fancy gear. A good gun, holster, mags and pouches. and ammo and your good to go.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    You can get Springfield GI's for good prices. I saw two at a gun show Saturday, one was $495 and one was $525.

I just got a Springfield GI a couple months ago. I love it, hasn't failed me once and is more accurate than I expected too. I'd recommend it to anyone, excellent gun.

Sponsored Links