Now I know I am buying a Trijicon sight!!! - Page 6

Now I know I am buying a Trijicon sight!!!

This is a discussion on Now I know I am buying a Trijicon sight!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by nutz4utwo I think many here would be singing a different tune if they did not agree with message portrayed. It is an ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Now I know I am buying a Trijicon sight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    I think many here would be singing a different tune if they did not agree with message portrayed.

It is an invaluable skill to be able to look at a situation objectively without interjecting your own opinions and prejudices. This is a skill we constantly accuse judges, liberals, and politicians of ignoring. I am sad that many in our firearm community seem to dismiss it as well.

You may agree with the hidden message, but it is immaterial. What is important is the manufacturer willfully ignoring the guidelines and law regarding manufacturing/procurement for the armed forces. There may be a contractual recourse or other effects Trijicon will face over time.
    I think you nailed it completely nutz4utwo. While I would be fine with the bible verse references on a sight I personally own, there should be no such reference on the ones the military carry into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DblTap View Post
    Looks like mine is "blessed". Those B27's better look out!
    JN8:12 ?
    This refers to the Book of John, chapter 8, verse 12. It states:
    When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

That is what the JN8:12 on your sight refers to.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Going out of one's way to be offended. Life isn't that difficult. You either do, or don't.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I agree with what another mentioned about US military gear. Much of it has "Infidel" inscribed all over it. This is a term meaning "non-believer" in many different religious theology (including islam and Christianity), a clear statement about a metaphysical reality which that person may or may not ascribe too. This should also be considered a violation of Church and State (which appears no where in the constitution). I think the issue is this... many of these cases seem to single out Christianity. This is what others mean by "going out of their way to be offended". It seems to be less about a fair and balanced application of "seperation of church and state" and more about these people proselytizing and forcing others to agree/accept their own personal beliefs or lack thereof. Quite hypocritical. If the "church and state" doctrine was fairly applied w/o violating freedom of religion (notice it's not freedom from religion) more would embrace it.

A good example of this is the recent fort hood incident. This guy was ranting and raving his religious propaganda, trying to convert, yet the political environment was such were no one was willing to report it for fear of reprimands or protest. Where was the ACLU and the others on that one?? Seems to many of us they dont have a problem with religion, just Christianity.

Besides, the muslims dont mind "in God we trust" on the money we give them to rebuild, etc. so why care about a scope?

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps91two View Post
    I agree with what another mentioned about US military gear. Much of it has "Infidel" inscribed all over it. This is a term meaning "non-believer" in many different religious theology (including islam and Christianity), a clear statement about a metaphysical reality which that person may or may not ascribe too. This should also be considered a violation of Church and State (which appears no where in the constitution).
    I actually think this has come up and a lot of commanders are forbidding the use of the Infidel logo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    I actually think this has come up and a lot of commanders are forbidding the use of the Infidel logo.
    Nor was ANY "infidel" merchandise contracted for or purchased by the US Government. Any and all "infidel" merchandise was purchased by the individual soldier/sailor/airman/marine, and no government body was involved. To invoke this as somehow materially equal to the Trijicon purchases shows either a complete lack of understanding of the issue (GOVERNMENT property with religious messages) or is a deliberate attempt to confuse the issue by introducing something entirely irrelevant. In other words, it's either ignorant, or dishonest.

Since it has been brought up, however, it is interesting to note that commanders are, in fact, barring the display of the "infidel" logo BECAUSE OF ITS RELIGIOUS SIGNIFICANCE, while at the same time is issuing equipment emblazoned with religiously significant material to those same troops.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links