TV Show I'd like to see - Page 2

TV Show I'd like to see

This is a discussion on TV Show I'd like to see within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'd just like to see a remake of the alarm company commercials....you know, the ones where someone breaks in and the alarm company calls to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Show I'd like to see

I'd just like to see a remake of the alarm company commercials....you know, the ones where someone breaks in and the alarm company calls to see if she's alright.

Company: This is xxxxx Alarm Company. Is everything allright?
    Customer: thanks for calling- someone broke in and I need an ambulance. Please get off the line so I can call 911 to report an attempted home invasion.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

Outdoor TV's "Wednesday Night at the Range" would be a good place.

But I do wish they showed the shows more than just on Wed. Repeats during the week would be good. I mean seriously, how much hunting can you watch..that is all they show.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    What's that one show, America's Most Wanted? They should do a segment about an armed citizen every week.

No mention of the intruders, is there? Did he at least wound that one with the shotgun? Giving a fair warning might be nice and legal and polite, if it does not cost you your life. Still, great job for a 16-year-old boy. I'd like to see more shows like this "Crime Strike TV".

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    I like reading the true “Armed Citizen” success stories like in American Rifleman. I’d really like a Reality Reenactment TV show of same true stories. Maybe the NRA and others could sponsor one to aire every now and then?

Anyone else here like that idea?
    I do.

And I proposed IRL a TV show concept this past October, via tele-con, along very similar but more defined lines to an international base advanced arms & tactics instructor that I happen to know personally.
    He loved the idea and we've been discussing it ever since.
    He as a former LEO, me in the role of 'civilian' as well as the minority (more of us would watch gunfu shows if they weren't all middle aged to older white males...IRL I am often mistaken for being 10 to 15 yrs. younger than actual, as by college students) and we'd have a female as third.

Problem is locating coin to support development of a proof of concept to sell.
    He has background with as much and I am by profession a development guy.
    We are currently working angles toward same.

I don't know if it will ever become anything more than a dream, but we are planning to get together over dinner this weekend as he's in my zone to discuss things further.

I personally believe there is not only a strong market for this concept but as from an education POV it would prove to be quite useful for both civilians and as per my concept proposal LEOs too.

If anything ever comes of it I'll remember to bump this thread.
    Yes, I am serious.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links