Defensive Carry banner

Glock 23 or CZ P01

7K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  goldshellback 
#1 ·
I have the glock 19 and love it, I carry it everyday. I am looking at getting another gun for carry, and I'm looking at the glock 23 or the cz p01. If I get the glock 23 then I want have to buy a new holster, so thats a plus. Of course then I will have to buy 9mm and .40 ammo.

But if I get the cz p01 then I will have to get the new holster, but will only have to buy 9mm. Also how is the recoil with the glock 23 with it being so lite? So for anyone who has 1 or both of these guns please share any info you can. thanks.

#2 ·
CZ's are built like tanks. I may be wrong but I believe they are the only NATO certified pistol available on the consumer market. I am not sure if the Beretta 92F has passed the same tests as the CZ. I am sure someone will come along shortly and correct me if I am wrong.

#3 ·
Hard to beat the P-01 for toughness and durability, as well as price. I own both the P-01 and the P-06 (.40 cal version). Can't really say anything about the Glock, don't own one and don't like the way they feel in my hand. I think CZ are one of the best ergonomically designed guns on the market. Saifu is correct on the P-01 being NATO certified. I believe all but 1 production year has the NATO stock number on the frame. See link below for the NATO certification test.

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

#4 ·
I have the Glock 23...the recoil is not bad at all. The P-01 is an excellent gun. I like the idea of two guns...that fit in the same holsters...bu then again the P-01 means you get a new gun AND new holster. You wont go wrong with either purchase.

#5 ·
The G23 tucks away a lot nicer, it's easier to maintain, easier to service, and there is a plethora of springs, barrels, and everything else you need. You can convert it to .357 sig with a barrel change, extra mags are cheap, holsters and accessories abound.

#9 ·
Both great guns, so it's a tough choice...one only you can make. Which one feels better in the hand? Which one calls your name LOUDER when you hold them?:rolleyes:

#10 ·
I am going with the CZ P01. I already have a glock, and by getting the CZ I will only have to buy one type of ammo.

#11 ·
Good choice. Ammo type consolidation is definitely a wise choice. I used to be all over the place with pistol ammo and I recently began moving everything to 9mm, as 9mm is the world standard and availability will never be a problem. I even built a 9mm AR rifle recently and I LOVE it.

#12 ·
I have no experience with the CZ but it apparently is a great weapon. Kinda reminds me of something along the lines of a Browning BDA or an older Sig when looking at it.

I do have experience with the Glock 23 and I find it does the most things on my list of EDC gun criteria. Is it the best gun I own? Not by a long shot. It does have a good round capacity, consistent trigger stroke, no sharp edges to catch while drawing and it's not too heavy.

Be Safe,

NosaM

#14 ·
Glock

It is hard for me not to pick a Glock. Most other guns are just a waste of money in my opinion. With a Glock you get great value on the gun and all aftermarket accessories. HOWEVER, the choice to stick with a single ammo might be a very wise decision. Can't blame your choice, especially for a CZ. I prob woulda gone with the Glock though, cheaper mags, etc. But good choice. With the money you save not having to stock up on a new caliber, you can buy the new holster and all that.

#15 ·
Good choice on the CZ P-01 Joey, you won't be disappointed. I had the same questions/choice conundrum 6 months ago. Once I held the CZ P-01 (14+1 double stack) in my hand the matter was settled and I have never regretted the decision. I never leave home without it. It fits my hand like a glove, is more accurate then my eye, eats everything I feed it, outstanding engineering with excellent fit and finish, carries and conceals well. Mag release, slide release and decocker all perfect size and layout for ease of use. The Glock's just did not measure up. IMHO the CZ P-01 is one of the most accurate, solid and dependable 9mm's out there. Outstanding right out-of-the-box, but adding Crimson Trace grips next month. Everyone I met who is lucky enough to own one says the same thing. Just be forewarned...CZ's are addictive...and there are so many flavors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.