Glock 23 or CZ P01

Glock 23 or CZ P01

This is a discussion on Glock 23 or CZ P01 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have the glock 19 and love it, I carry it everyday. I am looking at getting another gun for carry, and I'm looking at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glock 23 or CZ P01

I have the glock 19 and love it, I carry it everyday. I am looking at getting another gun for carry, and I'm looking at the glock 23 or the cz p01. If I get the glock 23 then I want have to buy a new holster, so thats a plus. Of course then I will have to buy 9mm and .40 ammo.

But if I get the cz p01 then I will have to get the new holster, but will only have to buy 9mm. Also how is the recoil with the glock 23 with it being so lite? So for anyone who has 1 or both of these guns please share any info you can. thanks.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    CZ's are built like tanks. I may be wrong but I believe they are the only NATO certified pistol available on the consumer market. I am not sure if the Beretta 92F has passed the same tests as the CZ. I am sure someone will come along shortly and correct me if I am wrong.

VIP Member
    Hard to beat the P-01 for toughness and durability, as well as price. I own both the P-01 and the P-06 (.40 cal version). Can't really say anything about the Glock, don't own one and don't like the way they feel in my hand. I think CZ are one of the best ergonomically designed guns on the market. Saifu is correct on the P-01 being NATO certified. I believe all but 1 production year has the NATO stock number on the frame. See link below for the NATO certification test.

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

I have the Glock 23...the recoil is not bad at all. The P-01 is an excellent gun. I like the idea of two guns...that fit in the same holsters...bu then again the P-01 means you get a new gun AND new holster. You wont go wrong with either purchase.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The G23 tucks away a lot nicer, it's easier to maintain, easier to service, and there is a plethora of springs, barrels, and everything else you need. You can convert it to .357 sig with a barrel change, extra mags are cheap, holsters and accessories abound.

Anyone priced .357 Sig rounds?

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    You might consider a Glock 27 instead of the 23. It will fit the G 19 holster and will give you a smaller carry piece without having to adjust to different operation and controls of another brand of firearm.
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member
    I have the 23 and rented a P01. I like the trigger and sights better on my 23, it came with trijicon sights on it.

I like the feel of the P01 better and I was much more accurate with it. The 23 has a sharp recoil in comparison.

Both great guns, so it's a tough choice...one only you can make. Which one feels better in the hand? Which one calls your name LOUDER when you hold them?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am going with the CZ P01. I already have a glock, and by getting the CZ I will only have to buy one type of ammo.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I am going with the CZ P01. I already have a glock, and by getting the CZ I will only have to buy one type of ammo.
    Good choice. Ammo type consolidation is definitely a wise choice. I used to be all over the place with pistol ammo and I recently began moving everything to 9mm, as 9mm is the world standard and availability will never be a problem. I even built a 9mm AR rifle recently and I LOVE it.

I have no experience with the CZ but it apparently is a great weapon. Kinda reminds me of something along the lines of a Browning BDA or an older Sig when looking at it.

I do have experience with the Glock 23 and I find it does the most things on my list of EDC gun criteria. Is it the best gun I own? Not by a long shot. It does have a good round capacity, consistent trigger stroke, no sharp edges to catch while drawing and it's not too heavy.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

Love my G23...carry it every day. Have shot others, but find myself most comfortable with my Glock, and therefor, more accurate. Recoil isn't bad, 13+1 round capacity, and conceals well. My next gun will likely be a G27, keeping with the .40 theme.

Glock

It is hard for me not to pick a Glock. Most other guns are just a waste of money in my opinion. With a Glock you get great value on the gun and all aftermarket accessories. HOWEVER, the choice to stick with a single ammo might be a very wise decision. Can't blame your choice, especially for a CZ. I prob woulda gone with the Glock though, cheaper mags, etc. But good choice. With the money you save not having to stock up on a new caliber, you can buy the new holster and all that.

Good choice on the CZ P-01 Joey, you won't be disappointed. I had the same questions/choice conundrum 6 months ago. Once I held the CZ P-01 (14+1 double stack) in my hand the matter was settled and I have never regretted the decision. I never leave home without it. It fits my hand like a glove, is more accurate then my eye, eats everything I feed it, outstanding engineering with excellent fit and finish, carries and conceals well. Mag release, slide release and decocker all perfect size and layout for ease of use. The Glock's just did not measure up. IMHO the CZ P-01 is one of the most accurate, solid and dependable 9mm's out there. Outstanding right out-of-the-box, but adding Crimson Trace grips next month. Everyone I met who is lucky enough to own one says the same thing. Just be forewarned...CZ's are addictive...and there are so many flavors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links