Rock River Arms Issue

Rock River Arms Issue

This is a discussion on Rock River Arms Issue within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I want to say thanks to all who helped me by sending letters to Rock River Arms in reference to my recent difficulties with them. ...

Thread: Rock River Arms Issue

1952 - 2006

Rock River Arms Issue

I want to say thanks to all who helped me by sending letters to Rock River Arms in reference to my recent difficulties with them.

I just got a phone call from Chuck Larsen at Rock River to tell me that he was ticked off because of a letter that our own Chris, P95, had sent to him on my behalf.

After being lied to at the SHOT Show by Chuck about the readiness of my gun to be shipped back and then ignored by him for the last 4 months, HE was ticked off because I decided to use the power of the internet and this forum to get his attention.

Well guys and gals, it worked. He now claims that my gun is going to be shipped out to Metaloy Industries on Monday, 5-15-06, to have the finish put on it prior to shipping. They have had this 1911 custom gun of mine in for a top-end repair since August of last year.

Once again, thank you Chris and all else who tried to make a difference on my behalf.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

yeah ! wow !
    Chris, re-type that letter for us. I wanna read it !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Cool i hope this time you really do get it i sent one out last week sometime better late than never i suppose

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Can't these doughheads realize what their stupidity eventually does to them. They seem to be so very awhere of the PR thing as to tailor their ads around it,yet they ignor the most basic thing like direct customer relations.

They have had your weapon that you paid good money for since last Aug., and that was due to their own screw up. Now they are mad because someone sent them a letter ???

I am very much intuned to how a company treats it's customers. I have stopped doing buisness with a company for far less than your situation. I don't own any RRA products and now,knowing this,I asure you I never will.

Thru you,this is what they did to me,and other potential customers.

During my daily routine,I probably talk to more shooters,hunters,trainers,competators,and general gun people than most. What does RRA think that I'm gonna tell them when the subject of firearm manufacturers customer relations comes up ??

They could so easily have treated a shooter/owner/buyer,of their product with the "do onto others" thing. Instead they shot themselves in the foot. -------

Assistant Administrator
    Glad some result Bob - and as for the letter content Art - well I won't reproduce it here again as it has served its purpose but I'll just say that it contained a quote from Bob's earlier post here and politely spelled out what I (and we) considered a rough deal regarding cust service!

I have no grudge with Chuck myself but I think folks need to realize that the internet is a powerful medium and service involves more than just empty promises and poor comm's.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1952 - 2006
    RSSZ, it wasn't RRA's screw-up that caused the problem with my gun. It was MagTech ammo that caused an over-pressure in the chamber causing the Bar-Sto barrel to blow.

RRA wasn't going to start repairing my $3000 custom gun until it had been determined who would pay for the repair costs. MagTech decided back in December to pay all charges and RRA has just sit on my gun since then and ignored my attempts to communicate with them to find out the status of the repairs for the last 5 months.

Chuck told me in the phone call that he wanted to perform the repairs personally and has been too busy to have a chance to do so.

I do believe that RRA makes a superior firearm and the accident wasn't their fault. The lack of communication with me was.

I again want to express my appreciation to all of you who supported me in getting RRA's attention. We can make a difference.

Below is a pic of the damage to my gun.
    Attached Images
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I also wrote a letter but apparently not to the affect of P95. Great job Chris! I also do not have a dog in this fight with Chuck, but I am very cautious now with what customer service will be like in the future with RRA. I hope they have learned a valuable lesson here that the customer is always right and they change there business practices to reflect the customer's better.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    acp, 10-4 your above. What went wrong with the MagTech. I always thought of that ammo as kinda low power/pressures. Bar-Sto = great bbls. I've had a couple.

Was the ammo of the wrong dimentions. OAL case,OAL loaded ?? Squib load ?? (I've never used Mag-Tech nor do I own a RRA product) -------

Good outcome...strength in numbers.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    acp, 10-4 your above. What went wrong with the MagTech. I always thought of that ammo as kinda low power/pressures. Bar-Sto = great bbls. I've had a couple.

Was the ammo of the wrong dimentions. OAL case,OAL loaded ?? Squib load ?? (I've never used Mag-Tech nor do I own a RRA product) -------
    There was no squib load. I was shooting at a steel match and I fired two shots and everyone distinctly heard two 'dings'. After the second hit the sound of the shot was wrong, I noticed it and stopped firing, smoke was coming from the barrel hood and mag well. Upon examination the crack in the barrel was discovered and the slide was locked up tight.

No one has been able to give a definitive answer as to what went wrong. Chuck at RRA thinks I got a load of sub-gun ammo with extremely tight crimps on the cases causing an over pressure.

I have no idea what went wrong and Mag-Tech swears it wasn't the ammo. I sent them back 500 rounds of the same lot, from the same case and they claim nothing was wrong with it. They decided to pay for the repairs to my gun because it was their brass in the chamber and it was costing them more money arguing with me than it would to repair the gun.

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Links