Ammo Shortage

Ammo Shortage

This is a discussion on Ammo Shortage within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello All, Just wondering what your thoughts are as to when the current ammo shortage is going to end, and when prices will start to ...

Thread: Ammo Shortage

Ammo Shortage

Hello All,

Just wondering what your thoughts are as to when the current ammo shortage is going to end, and when prices will start to drop (if at all)?

Thanks...

During the last eight months, during this 'shortage', which seemed to be true at local shops, I have been buying at least twice per month, some months more, from online sellers.
    Just sayin' here, but I have managed to put in a supply of about three thousand rounds of .45 ACP, in both FMJ and JHP. I have also put in a decent supply of 12 gauge double ot buck, and 9mm. I had absolutely no back order situations with ATG, or Natchez. Everything shipped right away.

At last check, it seems that both of those dealers are running a little thin now, however. Just my experience.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

The shortage is pretty much over. Even the local wally world now has a cabinet full of 9mm.

The only thing that is still hard to get are certain quality pistol SD rounds, but that is mostly due to manufacturer policies then anything else.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Not up here, not recently lately. I'm even having a hard time finding ammo for my revolvers which is highly unusual considering the weapons of choice now a days are autos.

I will say though, that's the big places, Wally World, Academy Sports, Big 5 gets what I want, but they cost more their and if I go even smaller, lord.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

The shortage isn't over, but it's lessened because stocks don't sell out immediately. Wally world kept .40 on the shelves for a couple days, but no 9 or 45 at the same time. I just picked up 500 rounds of .223 FMJ (Remington 100 rd valu packs) and the associate said that I was lucky because they normally are gone by 10 am and it was 9:30. I still check each trip and buy when I find it.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by kdydak View Post
    The shortage is pretty much over. Even the local wally world now has a cabinet full of 9mm.

The only thing that is still hard to get are certain quality pistol SD rounds, but that is mostly due to manufacturer policies then anything else.
    Not so in Sebastian, FL. Shelves are still empty. They get very small shipments and they are gone in an instant.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

I just(1/2 hour ago checked the local Wal Mart they had 6 boxes of 9mm 250 Remington UMC packs($51) and a bunch(over 10) of .45 ACP Blazer for $15. No .38 special(which is what i was after), nothing but .40S&W CC/HD/SD rounds(no practice rounds in otherwords). I did check the prices again on stuff they didnt even have and .40S&W and .45 ACP are both still the same price so im thinking if this keeps up going .45 ACP.

All I can get on a regular basis at my WM is .40S&W, .223, & normally 9mm.

.45ACP is VERY hard to find anywhere, as is .357mag.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

There is a ammo shortage going on????
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links