Almost pulled the trigger on a Walther

This is a discussion on Almost pulled the trigger on a Walther within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; PPS 9 tonite. The gun was new, asking price $669, said I could walk out the door right now for $575, he was getting ready ...

Thread: Almost pulled the trigger on a Walther

Almost pulled the trigger on a Walther

PPS 9 tonite. The gun was new, asking price $669, said I could walk out the door right now for $575, he was getting ready to list it on GB starting at $575, just couldn't make myself go for it!
    Was I wrong, is the PPS a good ccw gun or does it have it's problems?
    Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list. ---- Dennis Leary

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

2. Remove Ads

I am buying one tomorrow morning a PPS .40 to be exact. I have been doing a lot of research on them and most of what i have found is good. there are a couple reports of them breaking. sent of and returned promptly and being flawless after that.
    just what i know so far. ill see after i put a few boxes of ammo through it!
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreSlot View Post
    I am buying one tomorrow morning a PPS .40 to be exact. I have been doing a lot of research on them and most of what i have found is good. there are a couple reports of them breaking. sent of and returned promptly and being flawless after that.
    just what i know so far. ill see after i put a few boxes of ammo through it!
    Is the price I was gonna get a deal, or about what it should be?
    Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list. ---- Dennis Leary

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

mine will be about $650 out the door. Another place around here wanted $650 before tax and background check. so Id say it was fair
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

Quote Originally Posted by BukWild View Post
    PPS 9 tonite. The gun was new, asking price $669, said I could walk out the door right now for $575, he was getting ready to list it on GB starting at $575, just couldn't make myself go for it!
    Was I wrong, is the PPS a good ccw gun or does it have it's problems?
    great gun...and thats about the going REAL price..they have them locally LISTED at $585. And yes good price on a great CC gun...its on my short list of good single stacks im looking at. if your paying over $600 your getting taken cause they simply just dont cost that much they are a $575-585 gun(before tax and all that jazz)

I have had my for almost a year and have put over 3000 mixed rounds thru it. It is my favorite pocket gun. Under $600 is a reasonable price.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    A close comparison pistol with the Walther is the Kahr CW9. I'd go for the Kahr based on similar specs and lower price. The PPS just didn't feel right in my hand.

For that matter I recently bought a Kahr TP9 new from Buds for just over $500...another option to look at.

Dude at my local GS said he's been seeing at least two every other week or two come back with problems. If it was me, I'd hold off for a few more months and let um work the kinks out. YMMV

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

for the price i would go for a glock. the glock is just a better gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    FWIW the PPS 9mm is my all time favorite daily CCW pistol in my collection. It never ceases to amaze me as to how concealable and comfortable it is to carry all day. Additionally, the pistol is absolutely flawless. Works GREAT, conceals GREAT, looks GREAT!

I have a PPS in 9mm, paid $639 +tax about 7 months ago. It has been flawless, and it is a great carry gun.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

I enjoy my PPS 9mm. Good price...see if he has the 8 round magazine to go along with it.

I've seen the Walther pistols around here, and they are usually $550-600. Personally, I don't want one for carry, but we're thinking seriously about a P22 just for plinking. Can't help but notice the prices on the other calibers. A P22 could run me around $340 depending on options around here. Even the 22lr pistols have gone up since I was interested last. I remember a S&W model 22A being around $189. Now they are going for $300+, and I've heard of issues. Cheaper manufacturing, apparently less quality of standards, more recalls, and higher consumer prices just don't cut it for me on my end of the equation. For a Walther price of $600+, of course I'd rather have a Glock for carry, and save a little bit for ammo as well.

Links