Sig 229

This is a discussion on Sig 229 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got a ton of 40 brass sorted but I mainly shoot 9mm and 45acp,the only 40 I had was a SigPro 2022 which was ...

Thread: Sig 229

Sig 229

I got a ton of 40 brass sorted but I mainly shoot 9mm and 45acp,the only 40 I had was a SigPro 2022 which was a decent range gun but too big for CCW at least bigger than I like,so today I stopped by a gunshop that competes with the big boys,but he trys to carry firearms the others don't.I'm looking at his used 40's and he's got a 229 w/nite sites,well it had em when it was new but they don't glow now for 499 + tax 541.00 out the door,I'm now in the process of making a leather holster and ordering xtra mags.The trigger on this thing is a lot smoother than the SigPro.I have several guns that can fill my CCW requirements,but I can always make room for one more,and my wife said Nice gun.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Nice gun. I've heard a lot of comments that the triggers on the Classics are smoother than the SigPro's.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I gtot 3 sigs now,a P6,2022,and a 229.The trigger on the 229 is a lot smoother and a little lighter DA than the P6
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Sweeeeet! I like the 229s a lot!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I thought the gun had the finish recoated ,until I started cleaning it,I thought wow this gun is filthy,then my hands got tacky,using gunzilla,my rag turned black and the gun turned grey in spots,I thought WTH did someone paint this thing,then after I got everything scrubbed off using brake cleaner I realised it was cosmolene,apparently the distributor was sealing the guns to keep any parts from rusting while in storage.All in All this was definitely a duty gun and was carried and probably shot a lot,shooter was very likely right handed and married(The front of the grip in the area of the ring finger has all the finish wore off as if it was being rubbed against with a ring during recoil)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Now get a 357 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Now get a 357 barrel.
    I might put that down as a B-day present or Xmas present if my wife needs ideas,

i love my p229's great guns. get the short trigger and you will not be sorry. also, check around for used west german mags. I scored a dozen for $10 each last year. just need to look and no reason to pay retail. also, the hogue panels (not the whole 1 piece wrap around grip) are a must have.

get a summer comfort holster for perfect carry. I have a .40 and .357 sig barrel for my 229's. also an efk 9mm conversion barrel is good for general plinking. i would also recommend a bedair stainless guide rod (google it)
    Lifetime member VFW and NRA

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRoby View Post
    i would also recommend a bedair stainless guide rod (google it)
    After I bought an used 10 year old LE trade-in P229 I shipped it back to the factory for inspection and new springs. Then I ordered a Bedair stainless guide rod. It's true that Sig's are built like a tank. Especially that sturdy, solid mid-size 229.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Links