The gun confiscation has begun...

This is a discussion on The gun confiscation has begun... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Keep your guns, get rid of the wife!...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The gun confiscation has begun...

Keep your guns, get rid of the wife!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pete14 View Post
    Okay new question. The wife has told you to sell all your guns but one? Which one do you keep (and hypothetically act like you really love your wife and don't want to get rid of her).
    I love my wife... I'd miss her...

It wouldn't matter. They would have to pry my guns from my cold dead fingers. But if I could only have one gun it would have to be my dad's Colt 45 Revolver. It was my dad's...
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Many died for it. I live by it...

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    It may have been the Flashbunny "Children's Anti-Gun Drawing Contest first placer winner, but if anyone believes that Chuckie Bloomer was age 6 when he drew it then I've got a bridge to sell them.

A six year old doesn't have that sort of grasp of concepts nor does he know enough about grammar or contractions to butcher the possessive adjective "your" through the misuse of the contraction of "you are." Such a grammatical error is a very adult boo-boo. Some conniving adult was behind that poster, an adult that believes in such "liberish."
    Actually, the way I 'read' Chuckie Bloomer's poster, it was very tongue-in-cheek and, based on the bloody prone and clearly dead "good people" who don't need guns, it came across to me as a very sarcastic, ironic, and therefore very PRO gun poster.

The NRA in the red circle with the diagonal line was the most overt irony I've seen in a long time. Clearly, Chuckie Bloomer hijacked their anti-gun campaign.

Liberish? not. Gibberish? by design. Anti-gun? not quite. not to my mind, anyway. Drawn and lettered by a 6 year old? In your dreams!
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

ps forgive me for being late to the party. Clearly, y'all had the same reaction to that poster as me.

And... if my wife were to tell me to narrow it down to a single gun? What wife? I don't have nor never will have a wife. The dear boyfriend, however, if he were to impose some kind of rule of "law" upon my rights, any of them, he'd be toast. As in, history. As in, no longer my boyfriend.
    - Abraham Lincoln

- Winston Churchill

Back story: When I met my wife she was afraid of dogs and I had my first rottie Cujo. I told her if she ever gave me the ultimatum it's her or the dogs.... Have your bags packed. BTW she loves dogs now.

To the OP, Guns? I don't have guns, I thought this was a dog forum...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I sold all my guns in private sales to feed the family when I was unemployed and waiting on the government stimulus to save me by either reviving the economy or buying me a plane ticket to India or China so I could get my old job back, since they exported it over there.

All I have left is this old rusty 12ga single shot, and if you want to you can take it with you and give me that gun buyback check for $300, cause I don't really need it, I just wasn't able to sell the piece of junk to anyone else.

To honestly answer the OP's question however, I'll say that if I could have only one gun it would be my Mossberg 500 combo 12ga with 24" VR ported rifled slug barrel and 28" VR ported smoothbore with screw in choke tubes. It would honestly do everything I need a gun to do including SD and all hunting that I have ever done up to this point. Don't tell that to my wife though. Although my rifles have the capability of taking game out to several hundred yards and I pratice at long ranges, the longest shot I've ever had to make at a deer or hog was under 100 yds as far as I can remember. In an Sd situation it would be mighty hard to justify a shot taken outside the range of a slug gun, unless you were under siege from a sniper squad.

The only real drawback is that its hard to use it as an EDC.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Don't tell that to my wife though.

I was the victim of a Burgulary recently, so sorry sir.

Wife Wanted

Wife Wanted

Must be under 30, good looking and able to cook and have a Kimber 1911. Please send picture of Kimber!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer9x18 View Post
    Wife Wanted

Must be under 30, good looking and able to cook and have a Kimber 1911. Please send picture of Kimber!
    ^^^

Very similar to a bulletin posted up at my local shooting range: Photo of an apparently 20-ish young man dressed entirely in black combat gear, black head&face covering, combat boots, and complete with a long gun in a muzzle-up combat stance, with the handwritten note below saying:

Girlfriend wanted. Call ###-####
    - Abraham Lincoln

- Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Guns? You just had to remind me...

Lost all of mine in a boating accident off the coast of Destin. Was going to go in after them but dang, the water is sooooo deep there.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links