New Ruger SR9 Subcompact

New Ruger SR9 Subcompact

This is a discussion on New Ruger SR9 Subcompact within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I own the full sized SR9 and have become a huge fan of it. After doing a bit of research i have also learned they ...

New Ruger SR9 Subcompact

I own the full sized SR9 and have become a huge fan of it. After doing a bit of research i have also learned they are making a subcompact of it. you can check the ruger website. here is the info straight from the site.

The SR9c compact pistol weighs in at 23.40 oz. and features an overall length of 6.85", a height of 4.61", and the same slim 1.27" grip width (across safety levers) as the full-sized SR9. It comes with two magazines that provide options in both capacity and grip size. The standard magazine holds 10 rounds and features a flat bottom butt plate; a finger grip extension floor plate is also included. The second magazine features a grip adapter and holds 17 rounds, instantly transforming the smaller, compact grip into a full-sized 9mm grip. The 3.50" barreled pistol features an integral accessory rail that accommodates most lights and lasers.

The SR9c compact pistol utilizes the same adjustable, high-visibility 3-Dot sight system as its full-sized predecessor, setting it apart from many compact pistols that rely on fixed sights. New serrations are located on the front portion of the slide, making it easier to both manipulate the slide and to press check the chamber. The SR9c is available with a glass-filled nylon frame and through-hardened slide in either a brushed stainless or blackened finish. State compliant variations are available where necessary and ship with two 10-round magazines.

Just like the original, full-sized SR9, the SR9c is loaded with modern safety features like a 1911-style ambidextrous manual safety, internal trigger bar interlock and striker blocker, trigger safety, magazine disconnect, plus a visual and tactile loaded chamber indicator.

are there any fans of the SR9 and if so what do you think of the new subcompact they're making.

A good friend of mine recently purchased an SR 9 as her first gun. We shot it last week. It was completely reliable out of the box. Accurate as a freakin Laser! Yeah, I'm an SR 9 believer now and the compact just may be MY next purchase.

I'm sure there has to be a market for it, but just not for me. I'll stick with my M&P9c, which holds 12+1, with a flat fitting magazine. I also have the 17rd full size mag. No safety levers to manipulate means no levels to forget under stress. That's just my take.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

the one thing that really sold me was the fact that if you purchased your SR9 after i think Jan09 you were given a special discount towards a viridian laser. which the laser itself is $299 but with a purchase of the Ruger its $149. but like you said rebel its accurate right out of the box. and jackle no worries the thing that sold be about the ruger was the fact half my family swore up and down for smith n wesson the other half glock, i wanted to venture out on my own and make my own choices. glad i chose ruger for my first purchase

I have a recently purchased SR9 and love. It has been flawless with 300 rounds so far and fits my SP 01 paddle holster perfectly. Only down side is my wife prefers it to her LadySmith. SO I get to go shopping again

ntg
    I'm excited about it because my buddy just bought one...which means free test drives! The downside is that he's a 2 hour drive away. I hope the trigger is a little better on this vs. the full size SR9 triggers I've tried.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I saw one in the store. Its definitly a step in the right direction for ruger as before they didn't have anything between the LCP and the SR9. However competing with glock 26 and M&P9C may prove difficult for new buyers. I guess it depends on the price.

oh jealous ntg. lets us know how it is if you do get the chance to test it out

i was considering the sr9 as a new 9 to replace my pd95DC but heard that ruger was coming out w/ another one so held off on getting another 9. More interested in the compact sr9 now just wish they'd quit putting all that "safety" crap on guns. Still considering an XD 9 though as well

ntg
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    oh jealous ntg. lets us know how it is if you do get the chance to test it out
    I may get a chance in a few weeks, and I'll let you know. I was in a store the other day and they didn't have it, but I did handle the full sized OD model. What a heavy trigger! But, I like everything else about them.

ntg
    For those of you who haven't read it, here's a review: Ruger SR9c Compact 9mm Semi-Auto Pistol

He claims the trigger pull is better on the "C". Great, just my luck, another handgun to add to the want list...maybe.

Looks to be a nice little 9mm.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Links