Colt Detective Special pleasure

This is a discussion on Colt Detective Special pleasure within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here are a few shots of a new (to me) Colt Detective Special. I got a great deal on it because a police case number ...

Here are a few shots of a new (to me) Colt Detective Special. I got a great deal on it because a police case number is etched into its side.
    Until now, my collection has focused on semi-autos, but I am enjoying discovering revolvers. I have the obligatory J-frame, but I like the steel frame of the DS and the 6th round it carries. As you can see from the pictures, it isn't even much larger than its 5 shot counterpart.
    Here are a few pictures:

Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

That's a great Colt Detective Special too. It was manufactured before 1966 as is evidenced by the full length grip frame. The Detective Special is nice because it is easy to shoot with accuracy.

I also have an aluminum alloy-framed Smith & Wesson Model 642 but like the Detective Special and the weight of its steel frame better. Also like the single action capability it offers.

I really like all the guns in the first couple of photos. Is that a Colt Model 1903 .32 or a Colt Model 1908 .380? Looks like a Remington Model 11 too with a U. S. flaming bomb, indicating World War II military use. Great stuff there!

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Nice. My wife and I both love her 80's vintage DS. Hope to some day add more.
    Enjoy!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I really like all the guns in the first couple of photos. Is that a Colt Model 1903 .32 or a Colt Model 1908 .380? Looks like a Remington Model 11 too with a U. S. flaming bomb, indicating World War II military use. Great stuff there!
    Yes, it's a 1903 (.32) and yes, its a WWII Model 11 riot gun. I have a thing for old firearms and each of these was discounted for one reason or another. Some jerk took that near mint model 11 and removed and inch off the barrel and a few inches off of the stock.
    Anyway, I'm glad you like the pictures.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Links