Cheap gun - Page 2

Cheap gun

This is a discussion on Cheap gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; lkqsjh - I'm a purist when it comes to firearms; I'd like to take the "Liberty" of re-phrasing, to say "Inexpensive gun..", I suggest finding ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap gun

erh
    lkqsjh - I'm a purist when it comes to firearms; I'd like to take the "Liberty" of re-phrasing, to say "Inexpensive gun..", I suggest finding the most reputable dealer in town and asking about good "Low priced" used firearms. Then there's always the SIG CPO program, but I don't know what inexpensive is to you. I assure you I mean no "Wise-_SS remarks to be read into these statements.
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by erh
    lkqsjh - I'm a purist when it comes to firearms; I'd like to take the "Liberty" of re-phrasing, to say "Inexpensive gun..", I suggest finding the most reputable dealer in town and asking about good "Low priced" used firearms. Then there's always the SIG CPO program, but I don't know what inexpensive is to you. I assure you I mean no "Wise-_SS remarks to be read into these statements.
    I just wanted peoples opinions (and I realize opinions are going to be different from one person to the next) on the most "inexpensive" gun that would serve the purpose of hitting targets at the range. I would expect it to function most of the time and would hate to spend 150+ on a gun shaped paper weight. If the $99 hi point will serve the purpose I may try one. I would rather be patient and see if I can't find a used ruger for about 200.00. The thing that got me wanting one is my freind just got an Astra .40. That thing shoots really well. Ammo is not cheap, but it holds 14 rounds and its pretty darn accurate. I would like something similar in size and accuracy just to take to the range when I go. I like the idea of a 9mm better than a .380 because of ammo cost and I don't have a 9mm yet.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    +1 on the Ruger....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

If you don't have a 9mm yet.....GET ONE!
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    i dont have a 9mm either wounder if im deniing my self somthing lol would hate for that to be the case

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake
    i dont have a 9mm either wounder if im deniing my self somthing lol would hate for that to be the case
    yeah, you need to get one, just so you can shoot all that cheaper ammo! you'd like it!
    RKBA

John

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    You can buy a cheap S&W sigma for under $350.They are better
    than any hi point pistol.Same goes with a ruger!

I love it. The man asked for cheap (inexpensive) handgun to play with and right away gets posts like "spend $350 for this weapon because its better than any Hi Point". For that same $350, he can buy a Hi Point C9 and close to 2000 rounds of plinking ammo and shoot to his hearts content. As far as quality, I just read another thread on here where a member has lost the use of his KIMBER for 12 weeks due to malfunctions. As long as it spits lead when the trigger is pulled, it is a quality firearm and the vast majority of Hi Points do that as well as the many higher priced pistols. OK, they are ugly, but they shoot well and often. And, if it breaks in half after 2-3000 rounds, send it to MKS and get it fixed in about 10 days (not weeks). My 2c worth.

YEAH, That's a C9 in my avatar.
    Life is too short to be serious!

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTTBAR
    I love it. The man asked for cheap (inexpensive) handgun to play with and right away gets posts like "spend $350 for this weapon because its better than any Hi Point". For that same $350, he can buy a Hi Point C9 and close to 2000 rounds of plinking ammo and shoot to his hearts content. As far as quality, I just read another thread on here where a member has lost the use of his KIMBER for 12 weeks due to malfunctions. As long as it spits lead when the trigger is pulled, it is a quality firearm and the vast majority of Hi Points do that as well as the many higher priced pistols. OK, they are ugly, but they shoot well and often. And, if it breaks in half after 2-3000 rounds, send it to MKS and get it fixed in about 10 days (not weeks). My 2c worth.

YEAH, That's a C9 in my avatar.

Just curious but how accurate is the hi point? I'll be honest in saying I'm have been a little scared to try one because of the rumors floating around but it seems most of the people I have heard that from are people who don't own them. Also what is the mag capacity. I have heard they are pretty big so it should be able to hold a good many rounds.

I see the ball bat....where's the Hi Point?

I've never owned one, but, from what I've heard, they are like most "economical" guns- "good ones" will last a reasonable amount of time; the "bad ones" are usually DOR (Dead on Range) within a couple hundred rounds.

These guys are good to deal with, and their prices on Rugers and Smith autos are pretty good:

www.cdnninvestments.com

Click on the "Download Catalogue" to view the firearms- they aren't posted on the site. $10 flat rate shipping to your FFL.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    stetson i own a sigma it will shoot and it is reliable but dont get it if your looking for fast n acurate at least that is opin heck ill sell you mine if its legal to do so it has 500 rnds trough it fires every time ect comes with all the factory stuff and two holsters one i had to modify from a kydex glock holster because you cant get any thing for this gun lol

I don't know how much HP's cost in NC, but here they are around $135 NIB OTD. If you were to buy one, you will not be disappointed with the results. If nothing else, they attract attention at the range.
    Last edited by MSGTTBAR; May 22nd, 2006 at 07:55 PM.
    Life is too short to be serious!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    S&W Sigma, or Taurus PT92

I have a Ruger p95DC. What a great gun and you can get plinking ammo from Wal-M**t for real cheap. I have fired over 1,000 rounds with only two jams and I was rapid firing at the time.

I second the FEG Hi-Power I picked one for $225 and it's a nice shooter. what ever you decided i would follow the standard see if you can shoot one before you buy. I would add if you want to shoot 200 or more rounds through it in a range session, i would wait and get something that won't punish you. YMMV
    My world is the only one that counts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links