Guy offs himself in a gun range

This is a discussion on Guy offs himself in a gun range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Happened about 30 miles from where i live, here's the article. WOW Man kills self at local gun shop | ajc.com...

Thread: Guy offs himself in a gun range

Unhappy Guy offs himself in a gun range

Happened about 30 miles from where i live, here's the article. WOW

Man kills self at local gun shop | ajc.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Prayers sent to the friends and family, who will never understand why.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Tragically, it's not uncommon. It happened at my local range about a month ago. This time it was a female after she rented a handgun.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    Tragically, it's not uncommon. It happened at my local range about a month ago. This time it was a female after she rented a handgun.
    +1, I was about to say the exact same thing.
    Do you shoot there? (I don't want to post the name of the range)

I also saw a news clip on youtube about a woman in florida that shot her son and then herself at the range after renting guns, at a range in florida. Said she had a history of depression.

Not sure about other ranges but the local range blue jacket is talking about has a questionaire that ask certain questions about your mental state (cant remember exactly what it says) before you can use the range. It could be just a one time thing though, if you're a member you only do it once.

Yep, I seems like its happening more and more. I never have shot at the range she shot herself at, but I've heard it happend once before there? Is that true?
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

This has happened twice here plus one attempt.It must be the bad economy and people losing their jobs.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    Yep, I seems like its happening more and more. I never have shot at the range she shot herself at, but I've heard it happend once before there? Is that true?
    I use to be a member of said range, only been there once in the last five years. Two times in 12 months they have had suicides. Once a month or so ago, and about a year or so ago, in the parking lot.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Wow, I didn't know some of us shoot at NASR (old name). I've been a member for years. I wish the NIB gun prices were a little lower and the selection larger. Of course it's tough to compete with the big seller in the area on Cleveland Ave.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

We've had one public range here in FL that has had 2 incidents in a year...a suicide and a murder-suicide...the latter had a vid showing the incident.
    At least this guy only took his own life and didn't do it in front of the family. People determined to do such things are impossible to stop. I hate to see such a permanent solution to any problem. I feel sorry for the families involved.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is probably why my local gun store/range requires you have a CCW before letting you shoot in their range.

This is why range officers must always be awake and alert, reading to jump into action to stop people from being killed or hurt. Thank God that he did not take out somebody else besides himself. This is sad and looks real bad, in effect givng the Bloomturds and Brady Bunch more PR ammo, like ya know.

Wow, I didn't know some of us shoot at NASR (old name). I've been a member for years. I wish the NIB gun prices were a little lower and the selection larger. Of course it's tough to compete with the big seller in the area on Cleveland Ave.
    Yeah my dad and I are memebers there. The prices on guns aren't too far off from on cleveland but they do one up the with no wait. Good Lord that place is always so busy, I dont care what time you go in, there is at least a half hour wait to get to the counter.

Suicide.

What I have never understood is why so many of them feel they must either impact those around them or take someone with them. I have no problem with the suicide. Long life isn't meant for everyone. But my condolences and thoughts go out to those others impacted by the situation. It's bad that so many will be affected.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nochknstrps View Post
    Yeah my dad and I are memebers there. The prices on guns aren't too far off from on cleveland but they do one up the with no wait. Good Lord that place is always so busy, I dont care what time you go in, there is at least a half hour wait to get to the counter.
    Iv only been in the kings shop on Cleveland Ave twice, once when I was buying a G19 and was getting LEO price since I was comissioned as a reserve deputy back in 1999, then the second time just about 2 weeks ago. They were packed and it was an hour wait. I do not shop at NASR due to the prices, I normally go t Buckeye Outdoors during the week, you can be in and out in a matter of minutes.

The NASR does give you a free pass if you buy a gun there though. I stopped even shooting there when they made me watch that video, then tried to sell me a card so I would not have to see it again. I thought that was rather greedy, they should just give the card once you view the video.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

There have been two at the range where I work, and a couple more in central FL, including one a while ago at a gunshop / army-navy store. If they had stepped in front of a bus, or hung themselves at home, nobody would ever hear of it.

Links