Lorcin, Whats so bad about them?

This is a discussion on Lorcin, Whats so bad about them? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I have seen several people here and have heard from several people in my local gun store that Lorcin's are bad. So why are ...

Well, I have seen several people here and have heard from several people in my local gun store that Lorcin's are bad. So why are they so bad. I have one in 380 and I have not had a single problem out of it. Granted it is a big gun (almost twice the size of my S&W 9mm model 908) and it is somewhat of a pain to field strip. Other than that its an OK firearm.

So what makes Lorcin so bad.
    Crookcatchr

Theres no such thing as owning to many guns.

Lead Moderator
    typically, they are not as reliable, or hold up to thousands of rounds of ammo as well as a higher priced gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I Got One Of These When A Friend Passed. Anybody Have A Link To Get A Manual On How To Strip One Of These Things? Supposedly He Quit Shooting It Cuz It Would Fire An Extra Round With Every Other Trigger Pull. Would Like To Break It Down And Ck The Internals.

Assistant Administrator
    Much as I recall was to do with the metallurgy - some use of pot metal and similar. Basically not too strong and internals gave impression of being far from tight on tolerancing and quality.

Like any budget gun, there will always be some that shine as reliable and trouble-free but the lemons are usually bad lemons!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    One of our students brought a Lorcin to class that was a .380. The student loaded 9mm ammo in it. It would fire out of battery and without the chamber being closed. The student thought this was great. We didn't.

I know of other Lorcins that have had some fatigue issues. What I don't know is exactly how many rounds were shot through them. My other experiences with them is they are also prone to a lot of failures for various reasons.

My basic position on a Lorcin is I will not buy one and will not bet my life on one. If anyone else likes them and is willing to bet their life on it, that is fine for them. It's a free country. Other than the firing out of battery the same things can happen and have happened to a more expensive gun although, I think, not to the degree that they occur in the Lorcin line. My opinion and it is worth every penny you paid for it.

-Scott-

Quote Originally Posted by toytek065
    I Got One Of These When A Friend Passed. Anybody Have A Link To Get A Manual On How To Strip One Of These Things? Supposedly He Quit Shooting It Cuz It Would Fire An Extra Round With Every Other Trigger Pull. Would Like To Break It Down And Ck The Internals.
    I know with mine it has a pressure switch type deal on the back of the slide. If I recall correctly you push that in as your a pulling the slide back, but be carefull as it is spring loaded and I just about always see that piece fly in another direction.

Scott, I have never relied on my Lorcin, well, I can't say that as I use to keep it by my bed at night. But other than that I have never carried it. Its just to big to canceil properly. As I said earlier this thing is huge. to give you a compairison on its size. It is probably 1 and a half times the size of my Sig P229.
    Crookcatchr

Theres no such thing as owning to many guns.

First, people call them throw away guns. A Lorcin .380 was my first pistol and it jammed. I bought the thing prior to going into the service. Secondly, how is it pain to strip. It is a striker type weapon and if the design is the same you simply take a screw driver depress the firing pin button in and the slide is removed. Anyway, throw away gun and if that is all you can afford that better than nothing....
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toytek065
    Anybody Have A Link To Get A Manual On How To Strip One Of These Things?
    Here is a link where you can get a manual.

http://www.again.net/~steve/page7b.htm

When you get to the page you will not see a link for Lorcin. Instead go to the "Cobra FS-32 and FS-380" manual. The Cobra FS-380 is identical to the Lorcin L380.

Good luck.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I had a Lorcin .22 auto that would drop its magazine if you looked at it funny.

Lorcin

My Wife had a Lorcin 380 and it jammed so much that she was haveing nightmares about it.I soon after gave it away and she hasn't carried since.I hope to get her to carry again with a Kahr that I have on the way.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Links