State Of Emergency -- no guns ??

This is a discussion on State Of Emergency -- no guns ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Janq, great response and great use of your brain/logic . . ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Of Emergency -- no guns ??

Janq, great response and great use of your brain/logic . . .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    Janq, great response and great use of your brain/logic . . .
    LOGIC indeed
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Wow....I guess this is one of the states that didn't have the post-Katrina laws passed that prohibited this kind of nonsense.

"Don't worry good citizens...we know what is good for you"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Mic
    Let's read what they say:

Under North Carolina law, May said, when a state of emergency is put into place that includes a ban on driving, the sale of alcohol and carrying of firearms in vehicles is also banned

obviously if there is a ban on driving, then how can you carry a firearm in the vehicle that you are not allowed to drive.

This is the craziest thing I've heard since Pres Clinton's answer about Monica Lewinsky, (depends on what the definition of is is) yeah I didn't get it either
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    And what does snow have to do with Firearms I ask? Sounds to me like this police chief needs to be unelected....
    [QUOTE]The state of emergency for King was declared by members of the City Council after Stokes County authorities also declared a state of emergency.[/QUOTE]

Why should the Chief of police lose her job? For following the law? She did not declare the state of emergency.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Janq, I think your answer depends on the theory that law enforcement will adhere to the law during times of crisis (a theory that past occurances do not support). I think in times of major crisis, it is more likely than not that law enforcement will come down hard on personal freedoms, and that like in New Orleans, disarming the people will be the order of the day. At that point decisions about whether or not to allow this will have to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    Think again . . . this may be perfectly legal within the state's statutes. For Florida, something like this is perfectly legal if the governor chooses to declare it as such.
    All the more reason to choose wisely when voting. And support candidates who are not libs or RINOs.
    And if you think the LEO's wouldn't enforce this, you are living in a dream world.

when was the "state of emergency" put in effect? from what i gathered it was during 12am to 5am sunday. dont quote me cause i could be wrong but another point is looks like it was just for the weekend. MHO im not going to be out around midnight to 5am theres no need to be UNLESS there was a serious emergency other then that why worry about it honestly, sure it may disrupt your "civil rights" but trust me they could do WAY worse then that. look at other countries who are way stricter way i see it be glad for what we have now. theres no sense in griping about the little things, because in the end no matter whats said or done the reality of it is the government will ALWAYS do what they want in certain cases its better to take your licks and move on then fight.

Administrator

This thread is really pushing the forum rules envelope with regard to a few of the posted comments above.

Rule #10 Forum Rules Page.
    10. Discussion of illegal activities except in reporting the actions of others is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed or the poster will given the opportunity to edit their admission out of the post. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law.

While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of DefensiveCarry.com, or violate our community standards may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff and forum Administrators and/or Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links