Defensive Carry banner

Have you ever shot your sights loose?

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  kastiron 
#1 ·
I have put 2500 rounds through my Colt 1911 this week and it has been some really good training.But now I have a problem__Both my rear and front sights are loose.So I was thinking of haveing some night sites put on it so I don't have to deal with the factory sights anymore.Have any of you guys had both your front and rear sights come loose from alot of shooting?It sucks but I had fun doing it.

#4 ·
My Ruger 22/54 same as Bud's MkII - in fact now it has compensator on but - despite some blue threadlock - still have to check that screw!!

Most other sights (handgun) as I recall have ''survived'' :wink:

#13 ·
Delta Force said:
I have put 2500 rounds through my Colt 1911 this week and it has been some really good training.But now I have a problem__Both my rear and front sights are loose.So I was thinking of haveing some night sites put on it so I don't have to deal with the factory sights anymore.Have any of you guys had both your front and rear sights come loose from alot of shooting?It sucks but I had fun doing it.
No, but I once saw a guy shoot a TV (In the house..!) w/ a Glock 17..!
I know, that didn't help worth a darn..! :image035:

#18 ·
I haven't shot any loose, but I had the paint on the front sight from my Star disintigrate in my face once. Good thing I had eyes on. I fired, felt stuff hit my face, went for a follow up shot and couldn't find the front sight (dark stall at the range).

#21 ·
Loose sights

I bought some blue lock tite for the rear sight and so far it has held up good.I have just left the front sight alone for now as it doesn't affect my shooting but I fear I will need to have it restaked some time in the near future.

#23 ·
Just had my Springfield 1911A1 repaired....

for the front sight (staked), coming loose. I like dove tailed style like on my other 1911s much better. I've also had the original plastic front site on my Glock 23 pop off while shooting. I've since replaced them with aftermarket night sights.

Cura ut valeas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.