VPC wants to disarm African Americans! - Page 2

VPC wants to disarm African Americans!

This is a discussion on VPC wants to disarm African Americans! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The basic premise is rational and true: if criminals had reduced access to a given tool, then use of that tool in crimes would go ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VPC wants to disarm African Americans!

The basic premise is rational and true: if criminals had reduced access to a given tool, then use of that tool in crimes would go down. Of course, that's nearly impossible to achieve. This presumes there is an all-controllable supply chain from source to criminals, which is patently false.

Let alone the idea that pigmentation breeds criminality. This is the sort of thinking that yielded the Nazi scourge on the planet, 70yrs ago.

Reality is, such people (criminals) generally have access to a few other sources of supply, and these remain untouched by any laws. Criminals will avail themselves of such alternate sources, irrespective of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, national origin, creed, color of socks, where the idiot lives, or whatever. All that's needed is either the will to find/take it anyway, or the existence of an alternate source.

Fact is, 10000 statutes haven't solved any of the serious problems. I believe it to be sheer lunacy to expect the 10001st to fix much, if anything.

The article shows the shallow thinking that has been a precursor of the vast majority of the weapons-related statutes ever conceived. As the logic goes, people die by gunfire, a certain "group" is often involved, thus restricting access by that group should reduce death by gunfire. Nice, idealistic wish. Good sound-byte. But it ignores all practicality and reality. History shows that such a wish is fantasy, that it doesn't actually end up that way. Not ever. Not unless you actually erase the people involved. And even that won't be much of a permanent deterrent for others, who will spring up like tenacious weeds once the competition has been cleared.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; February 12th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Wow... what a crock of you know what. I just went to their website loads and loads of bull----.

How is it that someone can make a profession out of making illogical arguments and claims of fact that have no proof?

When I served in the Military it didn't matter what race or the color of your skin,we trusted each other with our lives,to think that the color of a man or womans skin would make it illegal for them to have the same rights as others is discrimination any way you cut it.There are many good law abiding citizens in the black,asian,hispanic, communities that have every right to be able to defend themselves from thugs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Gun Control laws are inherently racist and always have been. From the very first one, it was all about controlling a segment of the populous.

Now if you protest that this one is clearly racist against blacks they will simply agree to apply it to all of us so as not to be!

reading that gave me diarrhea, and made me want to break something.

OD*
    God I hope this is true, maybe some people will actually see the "anti-gunners" for what they really are.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    [maybe] people will actually see the "anti-gunners" for what they really are.
    One can only hope.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Unbelievable! I'm fuming inside

By nature I am a doubting Thomas type.
    So I went to the VPC website to 1) Verify this document actually comes from them and 2) check for context as this document is purported.

In doing so I found the source rather than a link to some other non-VPC site archival and with it a press release.

VPC - Press Release - (01/26/2010) - Pennsylvania Leads Nation in Per Capita Rate of Black Homicide Victimization
    http://www.vpc.org/studies/blackhomicide10.pdf

I have not read the PDF report yet.
    As based on feedback here I'll have to steel myself first.

But in reading the press release statement of facts and figures toward Black homicides in the US, this is one of the very good reasons why I personally made the choice to 1) Carry in specific a firearm, 2) To seek out good quality training & information and to apply it in practice as related not to sporting but as to _combat_ and 3) Carry all the time everywhere and anywhere I go as is lawful.

Never mind my past personal and direct experiences to the negative.
    Being a Black person as by birth increases your odds greatly of suffering criminal victimization. That number jumps again as by no choice of ones own simply for having been born male...Without any other regard to actual personal choices such as manner of dress, car you drive, people you spend time with or where you might work & reside. These stats and facts to that end have been showing same for _generations_.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Successful efforts to reduce America’s black homicide toll must put a focus on reducing access to firearms.
    They might be using this to influence reducing everyone's access to firearms.

It was the second linked article which specifically mentioned differentiating access based on race. If I had more time, I'd read more to try to ascertain his points, but I'm too tired now to make a judgement on the connections he's making.

Any more talk about restricting anyone's access to firearms and I'm going shopping again.

Oh, and I noticed Missouri was second on the list (only to Pennsylvania) for those who think the odds of getting in a shootout are miniscule for everyone.

Actually, if you look at England, their homicide rate has increased even with gun restrictions. Now it is done with different weapons. It is also where the individual is more vulnerable while the thug and gang member is the one in control.

It is telling that they do not address the cultural issues where the social engineering of our liberals have increased the problem. It is not about personal rights or safety, it is about power and control.

Administrator
    If a person is Biracial AKA Half Caucasian & Half Black do they just take 50% of their guns away?

Hey...somebody had better check this one out on Snopes.

This has to be a hoax article.

This is absurd and stupid but I'm not gonna waste any of my mental resources worrying about it because there's a much greater chance of them banning all guns here than just taking them away from one race or another.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links