VPC wants to disarm African Americans!

This is a discussion on VPC wants to disarm African Americans! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is the worst kind of racist dung I have seen in a while. http://www.vpc.org/studies/blackhomicide10.pdf PDF page 8/Document page 6, last sentence: "Successful efforts to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VPC wants to disarm African Americans!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

VPC wants to disarm African Americans!

This is the worst kind of racist dung I have seen in a while.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/blackhomicide10.pdf

PDF page 8/Document page 6, last sentence:

"Successful efforts to reduce America’s black
    homicide toll must put a focus on reducing access to firearms."

Pajamas Media Violence Policy Center: Reinstate the Black Codes?

The Violence Policy Center (VPC) — the anti-gun rights group that Barack Obama repeatedly voted to fund while he was a director of the Joyce Foundation — believes that African-Americans are too violent to deserve the entire Constitution. Thus, it wants to reduce their access to firearms. From the Violence Policy Center’s latest report:

Blacks in the United States are disproportionately affected by homicide. For the year 2007, blacks represented 13 percent of the nation’s population, yet accounted for 49 percent of all homicide victims.

As noted at the beginning of this study, the devastation homicide inflicts on black teens and adults is a national crisis, yet it is all too often ignored outside of affected communities.

For blacks, like all victims of homicide, guns — usually handguns — are far and away the number one murder tool. Successful efforts to reduce America’s black homicide toll must put a focus on reducing access to firearms.

For an organization to make a public declaration that suggests an entire race be denied the same level of constitutional protections as others is both shocking and bewildering. The study received financing from left-wing groups dedicated to social engineering, including the David Bohnett Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, and the Public Welfare Foundation.

While progressive groups such as these typically have a stated goal of helping underprivileged minority communities, some of their attempts to affect what they view as positive social change can be viewed by critics as ham-handed and condescending — or, as in this instance, verging on outright racist.

The VPC and the left-wing foundations that bankroll it have decided that black-on-black crime is unacceptably high, and they believe the best way to handle that is to make it more difficult for African-Americans to legally obtain handguns.

The VPC refuses to even touch on the cultural issues that are the most significant variable in the massive discrepancy between the rate of black homicide victims (20.86 per 100,000) and white homicide victims (3.11 per 100,000). The VPC also won’t acknowledge that the vast majority of African-American homicide victims are murdered by young African-American men. Identifying, targeting, and removing the cultural factors that most specifically contribute to this problem would seem to be the most responsible way to decrease the excessive violence rates, but the VPC’s goal clearly isn’t problem resolution.

Calls to limit the access of African-Americans to firearms specifically echo the “black codes” adopted immediately at the end of the Civil War. These laws were passed in southern states in response to the Thirteenth Amendment’s outlawing of slavery, and were specifically engineered to circumscribe the civil rights and liberties of newly freed slaves and freemen. The codes assured the second-class status of African-Americans, and were a forerunner to decades of “separate but equal” segregation under Jim Crow laws — which were only overcome during the civil rights movement of the 1960s. Among the codes commonly passed were laws that forbid or restricted the ownership of firearms by African-Americans. The codes were “justified” with the explanation that African-Americans did not have the same rights as white citizens.

The Ku Klux Klan and similar groups were active in attempting to disarm blacks in the post-war South, and United States v. Cruikshank gave paramilitary racist mobs carte blanche to disarm African-American communities. This left them nearly defenseless to decades of lynchings, assaults, indignity, and, in several dozen instances, full-fledged “race riots” that are more accurately described as massacres. Most of these rampages occurred with the full knowledge of local and state governments. The 1898 Wilmington race riot was carried out with the full knowledge and indifference of both North Carolina Governor Daniel Lindsay Russell and President William McKinley.

One can only hope that Josh Sugarman, executive director of the Violence Policy Center, is completely ignorant of the many mob actions and the thousands of deaths that resulted from laws that stripped African-Americans of their rights and liberties. Considering his long-running and strident anti-gun advocacy, it seems likely that Sugarman and the organization are well aware of history but made a political calculation in asking that African-Americans be disarmed.

The goal of the Violence Policy Center in this report is the goal of the group in every report it has ever issued: an erosion of gun rights for all Americans, with the ultimate goal being the prohibition of all firearms save those under state control. Towards that totalitarian end, the VPC does not seem to have any qualms about advocating a return to racist policies that left African-American communities helpless targets for most of a century. Nor does Sugarman or his group explain how disarming law-abiding blacks will make them anything other than victims for those that refuse to follow existing prohibitions against murder.

The David Bohnett Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, and the Public Welfare Foundation were all contacted this week by Pajamas Media and asked whether or not they stood behind the Violence Policy Center’s call to limit the rights and liberties of African-Americans.

Not one of these organizations has responded with a condemnation of the VPC’s conclusions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Who is going to put pressure on the VPC for being racist and wanting to deny minorities their rights? Haven't heard a thing from the mainstream media...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

The history of the Klan/Jim Crow in American history AND the propensity for urban street violence to increasingly involve black men is MORE of a reason for me to be legally and responsibly armed AT ALL TIMES.

HELL NO

I'm not going to write it but I'm sure y'all know what choice words I have for the VPC/Josh Sugarman.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member
    Absolutely ridiculous!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The 2A is for all Americans, and ALL Americans should be legally armed.

Race should have nothing to do with the Rights granted by the Bill of Rights.

Gangs and thugs should be dealt with with due process of law.

Those who choose a life of crime will face the results of choices made just make good choices.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Just another angle for the Brady anti-gun crowd to use to show how firearms should be banned outright.

A very discrimanatory angle albeit, but when it comes to rabid anti folks, they will use anything to get their message out.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Gangs and thugs should be dealt with with due process of law.
    We can only wish. The more I pay attention to the criminal process after a BG is arrested, the more its abundantly clear that this is the critical part of the system that breaks down the most. I'm shocked sometimes to learn how many times an armed robber or drug dealer was previously arrested and the sentences that were given out on those previous occasions. At least that's true for Georgia.

Who ever said that the absurd message contained in this publication is reflective of the extent that VPC will go to get their word out hit the nail right on the head. In fact, these people seem to be desperate as of late. I'm not resting on my laurels that we've finally licked them though. All that it will take is one tragedy for the corporate media complex to redline the story nationwide for a week and the likes of Brady/VPC will be once again dancing in their blood.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

This will help because 99% of the handguns used by the thugs and gang-bangers that commit 99% of this black on black gun crime are legally purchased in such high crime areas such as chicago, new york city, new jersy, and LA.

NOT!!!

Man I hope this story hits the mainstream media, it won't, but it would be nice for the American people to see the kind of utter ignorance this President stands for.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

***??

OK,
    So we have them to try and bend the 2ND amendment right to own guns, and they just trying to point out one race in the melting pot of America....
    Humm, that really bugs the shizzle out of me...Who do they think they are and trying to pervert laws that protect law abiding citizens,black white , Mexican, If you are able to own a gun and have a CPL then who its to them and tell you that you can not have one due to being black??...<< blatin racist BS.
    Sounds like a few (small group) of lobbyist trying to smear the right to bear arms...
    OK drop them off in compton,cali with just a cell phone at 2am with some gang members well arm and trying to car jack you!!

Just my to cents.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 11th, 2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: language work around

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    First they came for the Blacks. But I did nothing because I wasn't Black...
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    This has always been the first step in disarming all Americans. During the civil rights movement, many modern laws restricting gun use were passed. The lesson is clear in our country and in the history of the world - if you support taking away the rights of others, your own rights will soon follow.

When any citizen is not free, none of us are!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

When any citizen is not free, none of us are!
    Amen.

I am white and I will support every race to have the same rights as I. I am not afraid of the armed black man or armed hispanic. I am concerned with the armed criminal and they come in all races! There is no legislation that will affect the actions of a criminal. By definition, they pay no attention to laws in the first place. Legislation against guns works toward disarming ONLY the law abiding citizens.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    First they came for the Blacks. But I did nothing because I wasn't Black...
    The ending story to this sentence is very telling. Historically so.

I'm of the same thought, that the tactic to get the whites to go along with disarming another race is simply an old and "tired"(because we fall for it every time)method of getting support from a group that wouldn't go for it if they tried to do it to us. Look how many hundreds of years the industrial powers to be in Ireland kept the wages down by getting the Prod's & Catholics thinking it's a religious war, when all they wanted was to keep the peon's from thinking about blaming the real problem, Greed of the companies.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

I would guess that it was already illegal for most of the people that owned the gun that murdered the 49% to own a gun. Why take away rights of law abiding citizens just because they are black? Why aren't folks screaming to cut funding for the VPC?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links