Just bought New gun for hunting!!!

This is a discussion on Just bought New gun for hunting!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got a Magnum research .460 s&w with 10" barrel, putting a burris 4x scope on it for hunting purposes. The ballistics on this round ...

Thread: Just bought New gun for hunting!!!

Just bought New gun for hunting!!!

Just got a Magnum research .460 s&w with 10" barrel, putting a burris 4x scope on it for hunting purposes. The ballistics on this round are really impressive, I will post pictures (first when I learn how) and second when I get the scope on.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

2. Remove Ads

When you do a review could you include a holstered pic. Being able to holster and draw a long barrel gun has always been a problem for me. I have never really found a holster for a long barrel gun that allows me to drive/sit, walk, climb, crawl through fence/under brush that I could draw and holster well. I have had long barrel guns that I loved but they were just to hard for me to carry.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    When you do a review could you include a holstered pic. Being able to holster and draw a long barrel gun has always been a problem for me. I have never really found a holster for a long barrel gun that allows me to drive/sit, walk, climb, crawl through fence/under brush that I could draw and holster well. I have had long barrel guns that I loved but they were just to hard for me to carry.
    Sure will, but Im really leaning toward a barrel installed sling swivel for it and the 3 position leather strap that goes on like a backpack. Going to a leather maker if I cant find what I want in a store. Either which way around it if you get the same ballistics out of a handgun as you do a medium bore rifle, no matter how you carry it IMHO it is easier than a rifle. Grab a shooting stick/walking stick and go.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Now is the time to buy hunting guns foer sure; ) PS Good luck
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

just went and shot this cannon and holy cow that makes you step back a step, shot it mostly to see how the recoil was and whether i could hold it steady anyway passed on both accounts this thing is truly awsome power.

Awesome on the 460! Keep us posted on your adventures..Wish I had one:-)

Links