An interesting day

This is a discussion on An interesting day within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had some interesting things happen today. First off, my 16 year old daughter decided she wanted to go to the range today with me and ...

Thread: An interesting day

An interesting day

Had some interesting things happen today. First off, my 16 year old daughter decided she wanted to go to the range today with me and my 82 y.o. dad. She's never had any interest in shooting before.

So we start her off on a .22 lr pistol. She does well, shoots a couple clips worth at close range and hits the target nicely. I ask if she'd like to try one of my 9mms. She says yes, and does this first time out at 25 yards:

Note the shot outside the circle was my dad fooling around, and that the hole by the number 10 is really two holes. She shot all 7 in the black with one dead center bullseye at 25 yards first time ever at the range, first time ever with a 9mm pistol!

I am so proud!

And then the kicker. When we get back, my wife asks when she can go and try it out! She's never shot a gun in her life and has had zero interest!

I'm proud of my girls tonight!

And dad had a great time shooting with his only granddaughter. He's a WW2 vet, and has always been a advocate for armed citizens. Made him proud too.

Az

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Very well done!!!
    Nothing beats shooting like a girl
    Tell her congrats from all of us here
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Grandpa, dad and daughter at the range? Doesn't get much better than that...
    Looks like another woman who can shoot.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's some good shooting there!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

It's nice when family shows interest. The bonding.:)

Very cool!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    What a wonderful family fun day! Congratulations, you SHOULD be very proud. Your daughter seems to have talent right from the box! And to have both your daughter and your wife beginning to come around on the same day is just incredible. Be sure to update us on our daughter's progress- her "First handgun of her own, her progress as a shooter, and of course how your wife takes to shooting. Darn, I would love for my wife to go to the range more with me, she's only been once, to familiarize herself with them in case she should need to have one handy should I be out of town when there's a suspicious situation around. I would really be thrilled if I could get her to carry, but I've only succeeded in getting her to use pepper spray, a stun gun, and more recently, a Taser.

So be proud, dad. You've done a good job raising your child, if this is an indication.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    That's awesome!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Very well done!!!
    Nothing beats shooting like a girl
    Tell her congrats from all of us here
    that is so true...i recently took my 9 year old daughter and wife of 28 years to the range for the first time...wife didnt have choice cause our daughter is showing interest now...they both shot like champs...my daughter put em on paper at 15 yards with the .22...my wife zeroed right in with the .22 and then made me real proud with the 9...and their both showing more interest now...

congratulations...it is more fun as a family...

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Excellent groupings! Well done to her, and I am glad you guys had a good and safe time.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Don't forget how evil guns are! How terrible that your family was bonding and doing it safely at a range.

Sorry, sarcasm keeps getting the better of me.

I'm glad your family is taking an interest in shooting. Looks like they're pretty good too.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

What a great post!
    Thanks for sharing that special day with us. It's a memory your daughter will never forget.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Links