Long almost unbelievable story…but true!

This is a discussion on Long almost unbelievable story…but true! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mom and Dad have a 16 year old daughter (Jane) that meets a 20 year old boy (Scum) at the mall and starts dating him. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long almost unbelievable story…but true!

Mom and Dad have a 16 year old daughter (Jane) that meets a 20 year old boy (Scum) at the mall and starts dating him. Scum seems like a good guy until one of their relatives says something about seeing Scum down at his probation office that he has to attend. Mom gets curious and types in Scum’s name in the local Casenet website and when it comes back it says that Scum has been convicted of assault, robbery and has a restraining order against him from a previous relationship. Mom and Dad think it is a good time to talk to Scum. Scum comes up with a BS story and says he was young and dumb and basically a lady was out to get him. Mom and Dad give the guy the benefit of the doubt because he seems very likeable. Big Mistake!

About ten years ago Dad’s father passed away and left him approx. 40 guns (some pistols, some rifles, some shotguns, some antiques) with most of them being hunting style guns or old west style guns. Dad does not have a gun safe so he hides the guns around the house in differing locations. House is approx. 1200 s.f. on two floors. Dad also has his 3 hunting rifles and 2 shotguns in house.

A couple of months pass and Mom and Dad see signs that Scum needs to go because of his attitude towards Jane and the fact that they have been told he is a drug dealer by a LEO. Jane is not happy because she really has started to like Scum. A couple of days later she is told to get rid of him. The very next day the house is robbed and “EVERY” gun was taken along with his Compound bows, laptop, camera’s and jewelry. The neighbor mentions that they see a guy that same day that looks like Scum and the description of his car that was backed up to the house with the garage door open but couldn’t be for sure. Dad knows he just lost the guns that mean the most to him so he wants to go kill the guy but is talked out of it (I believe he would have done it). Police come and tell them they think it was an inside job and cannot find any fingerprints other than the families and Scum’s who has been in the house numerous times. The point of entry was a side door that just happened to be left unlocked. They interview daughter and she was at school. Scum’s mom vouches for his whereabouts. Dad has none of the serial numbers for the guns that are taken but Police get descriptions in case some start showing up at pawn shops (some were exotic type antiques). One week after this incident Jane is babysitting for some friends of Mom and Dads and late that same night after everyone has gone home the friends car is broken into and a .40 cal Sig Sauer is stolen because the car doors were suspiciously left unlocked (Jane saw gun in car day before).

Mom and Dad get settlement check from the insurance company and decide that it is a good time to move so they move approx. 10 miles away. Dad goes out and buys more guns but ignores advice to buy safe.

Jane decides she has had enough of Mom and Dad and is now 17 and runs away with Scum to live a glorious life. Needless to say 2 months later Scum has had enough and drops Jane off and says he is done with her. Two weeks later a downstairs door is left unlocked and all the new guns, new laptop and $1000 dollars that Mom has hidden in the back of her closet (from purse party) are stolen in the middle of the day. Police come and tell Mom and Dad that it looks very much like an inside job. No fingerprints are found and nothing can be proven. Daughter is interviewed but nothing comes from it. Scum’s mom vouches for his whereabouts once again.

Mom and Dad get settlement check from different insurance company. Dad goes out and buys two hunting rifles and new laptop. Insurance will only reimburse $500 of the $1000. Dad still does not buy Gun Safe but does keep guns at friend’s house with safe.

Two months later Christmas comes and Brother gets a new game system and dad gets a new compound bow. Mom gets a Wi and everything is good except two days later they go out of town and get robbed a third time. They get one gun (that Jane knew was in the house) that happened to be in the house since Dad went hunting the weekend before, the brother’s game system, and the laptop. They took the Wi with them so it did not get stolen. Police come once again and tell them it is an inside job but do not take fingerprints after Daughter admits that Scum has been in the house in the past week to retrieve a ring of his that she still had. Daughter was interviewed but nothing came from it. Scum’s mom vouches yet a third time for his whereabouts. Point of entry was a basement window that was in the daughter’s bedroom. The interesting thing about this is Dad had just put a sheet metal screw in the window the week before that daughter said she removed to smoke and there was a chair conveniently moved under the window that daughter says she moved to take out screw.

Mom and Dad do not get settlement check this time because they let their renters insurance lapse. Dad had told me that he thinks Jane did it but Mom thinks it is a nephew of theirs that has visited them a couple of times. Dad has told Mom that after Jane graduates this year that she has 30 days to get out.

Approx. 10 days after last robbery Scum calls Mom at work and tells her that he is still dating Jane and has never really stopped and even says that pregnancy scare that Daughter had with her most recent boyfriend could have been his and knew a lot of details that made his story very believable. Scum also asks if he can meet with Mom and Dad but after Mom explains to him that the second he steps in the house he is a dead man he decides against it. Jane is approached by Mom about Scum’s phone call and lies about all of it (I think she is a pathological liar).

So that is my story. I tried to leave out some of the little details because it could have been a couple of pages longer. I swear it is true.

AzB
    So which one is you, Dad or scum?

:)

Az

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    So which one is you, Dad or scum?

:)

Az
    I am the son's baseball coach and we are very good friends with them and so far (knock on wood) Jane, Mom or Dad does not know I have most of the guns that I do. Jane has stolen from pretty much everyone of our friends but us and that is only because I watch her every move when she does come over (which has virtually stopped since all of this). When she does I check every window and every door and make sure all my keys and valuables are put up.

Why would Mom and Dad talk these issues over with Scum? It appears to me, Jane is the problem. Scum is scum.

Why accept scum (lower case s) in your home when you have the facts at hand?

Parents = dopes.

Problem = Jane.

P.S. I wouldn't allow Jane in my house without a warrant, and she ain't getting a warrant.

Fool me once, shame on you...

Solution? Legal emancipation.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I personally think it would happen a 4th time if they would have had insurance but right now they don't have alot of stuff that could be stolen

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Wow... fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice....

Seriously. GUN SAFE. Two words. Not complicated.

It would be interesting for Mom and Dad to get a nanny-cam and not tell Jane about it. Since Dad is saving so much money by not buying a gun safe, I'm sure it's in the budget. And don't put that screw back in Jane's window frame. Nail it shut!

Sounds like its time to place some nanny cams in the house without Jane and scum knowing it and dad going out and getting a few cheap guns and things Jane and scum may be interested in. Let Jane know about the new guns and your planned day away from home. This way dad and mom will have photo evidence of Jane or scum or Jane/scum in action.

Rivers beat me to the nanny cam!!!

VIP Member
    My rambling thoughts are the best I can do right now:

I've got vertigo, I wonder if it was from reading this story?

This seems like a seasons' worth of soap opera material all condensed on one page.

Is this the right forum for this story? Maybe a family oriented forum would be better?

Lot's of mistakes made huh?

I say this in all sincerety, good luck in getting this worked out. This is beyond my "pay-grade".
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Does the M&D suspect the daughter at all? I mean really...
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

That story makes me mad because I have a family member who is like both Jane and the scum. But it's also hard to understand parents who won't admit the truth about their kids and act on it.

... Maybe the Dad is behind all of it.. He's the brain behind it, with the scum's help.. He's in it to get the insurance money, and sold off half the guns.. probably has the others stored somewhere..

.. Just saying.. There could be other details here ;)
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Parents = stupid, and hard to fix.

Really not much to say when people do not learn after the first experience.

A safe would have prevented the problem in the first place.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links