Defensive Carry banner

Fire Mission- hit this poll

3K views 58 replies 53 participants last post by  samh 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gun-Toting Visitors Heading to National Parks - AOL News

What do you think of the new rule allowing guns in national parks?
It's a bad idea 54%
It's a good idea 43%
Not sure 3%

Do you plan to carry a gun at national parks?
No 55%
Yes 36%
Undecided 5%
I don't visit national parks 4%

Lets turn these numbers around!

#6 ·
Done, still behind but we should catch up....

#7 ·
Voted.

#9 ·
voted

It's a bad idea 53%
It's a good idea 44%
Not sure 3%

Total Votes: 7,086
Note on Poll Results

No 54%
Yes 37%
Undecided 5%

Total Votes: 6,715
Note on Poll Results

#12 ·
OMG everyone is going to be toting their loaded shotguns and army rifles all around the little parky-poo scaring all the women and children! All the animals will be slaughtered by the war-mongering right wing extremists who believe in the Constitution. No one is going to be comfortable sitting around the campfire makin' s'mores 'cause Earl and his 2 brothers named Daryl might be carrying a gun! How will anyone ever enjoy camping out and sleeping under the stars ever again, they'll be awake all night waiting for the massacres to begin!

Damn what a slanted article. They must think we distribute concealed carry permits with every pair of baggy pants sold out of the trunk of a cadillac in alleys across the country. I'm amazed people this ignorant can construct a sentence let alone remember to breathe.

I voted.

joker1

#15 ·
OMG everyone is going to be toting their loaded shotguns and army rifles all around the little parky-poo scaring all the women and children! All the animals will be slaughtered by the war-mongering right wing extremists who beleive in the Constitution. No one is going to be comfortable sitting around the campfire makin' s'mores 'cause Earl and his 2 brothers named Daryl might be carrying a gun! How will anyone ever enjoy camping out and sleeping under the stars ever again, they'll be awake all night waiting for the massacres to begin!

Damn what a slanted article. They must think we distribute concealed carry permits with every pair of baggy pants sold out of the trunk of a cadillac in alleys across the country. I'm amazed people this ignorant can construct a sentence let alone remember to breathe.

I voted.

joker1
:haha:

#14 ·
"It was a zone dedicated to the preservation of nature," Brinkley told AOL
News. "In the same way that you don't carry a gun to an airport, there are places where you don't carry a gun in this country, and a national park is one."
I carry to DIA and in DIA when I'm not flying and picking up/dropping off people each and every time I go there. As long as I don't go past the security, I'm golden.

As for carrying in parks, I'm all for it. The ban on guns back in Roosevelt's time, in my opinion, was not intended to protect visitors from each other but to protect the animals and environment.

#16 ·
National Parks are a target-rich environment for thugs. Law enforcement officers few and very far between, and most 'victims' will be gone back to their homes a week later making prosecution much more difficult. Allowing decent citizens to carry concealed firearms helps level the playing field a bit.

#17 ·
Voted

It's a bad idea 51%
It's a good idea 46%
Not sure 3%
Total Votes: 7,384

No 52%
Yes 39%
Undecided 5%
Total Votes: 7,012

#18 ·
Voted

It's a bad idea 51%
It's a good idea 46%
Not sure 3%
Total Votes: 7,404

No 52%
Yes 39%
Undecided 5%
Total Votes: 7,031

#21 ·
Did you read this comment in the article? "Even in states where carrying a gun is legal, visitors in all but 40 parks where hunting is permitted will be barred from firing their weapons."

If you get a knife drawn on you - Don't fire your pistol !! LOL

#26 ·
Voted -- still behind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.