How has 2010 started for you?

This is a discussion on How has 2010 started for you? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Like the thread title asks, I am curious how 2010 is treating you in your habit of firearm ownership, shooting, SD, and the like. Has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How has 2010 started for you?

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar

Like the thread title asks, I am curious how 2010 is treating you in your habit of firearm ownership, shooting, SD, and the like. Has it started off with needing to pare down the collection to pay bills, meh, or WOW?

For me, this has been a pretty incredible start to the year on lots of levels. Outside of firearms I ran my first half-marathon in January (241) which was amazing. My year with firearms has been phenomenal too! It started when my wife bought me a pretty awesome Christmas gift that didn't show up until the day before my birthday:

Then I helped a buddy out who was hurting and got myself a very nice bird hunting shotgun...Remington 870 Express Super Magnum with two chokes:

As if that were not enough, I was able to fund the purchase of a brand spankin' new TCP this week!

So 2010 has DEFINITELY started with a BANG for me. I think that I need to simmer down for awhile and enjoy what I have...

Anyway, hope your 2010 is starting off well too. My best to you and yours!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

So far, not very good. Hospice is helping with my mom and I have been out of the gun loop because of this. I check in on the forum and occasionally buy a periodical or two, but my time is elsewhere. Nothing I have seen online that was introduced at the SHOT show has caught my attention either. You seem to be doing well gunwise, and i hope you enjoy your stuff. Things will change for me eventually and I am sure I will be back in the loop soon. Regards, John

Bought my wife a G26 for her birthday last month. Other than that, keep buying ammo stocking up for the Steel Challenge season with the club. Moving from apartment to house, from city back to county, and taking a stab at starting a small business. It's going to be an interesting year for sure.

I Have purchased two handguns in 2010.
    My girlfriend got me a 1 year membership to my local range.
    Walmart has had a little steadier supply of 9mm WWB

I'd have to say its goin pretty fine so far.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    So far, not very good. Hospice is helping with my mom and I have been out of the gun loop because of this. I check in on the forum and occasionally buy a periodical or two, but my time is elsewhere. Nothing I have seen online that was introduced at the SHOT show has caught my attention either. You seem to be doing well gunwise, and i hope you enjoy your stuff. Things will change for me eventually and I am sure I will be back in the loop soon. Regards, John
    John,

Hang in there! Sounds like it's been a tough go my friend.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

well, I now have a new Ruger SR9compact that replaced a Glock 23! im pretty happy about that,nothing wrong with Glocks IF they fit your hand..they dont fit mine.

Well I got my first 1911: Colt 1991A1 for $475. Starting off pretty well.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Unemployment for me has lead to rather tight funds so firearms acquisitions have been limited except a Remington 870 I recently picked up. I sold a few other things I didn't need and bought an EOtech 512 and a rear BUIS for my AR15. Once I get employed again I will be looking at getting a Sig Sauer P226 or P229 in 9mm.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Well...so far 10 is better than 09 ended. I'm employed, and we can pay rent. I had sold all but two of my firearms and my motorcycle, so for Christmas my family bought me my first 1911, and I love it!
    I'm hopeful 2010 continues an upward trend for all of us!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Not bad, considering......I am in Iraq, have only seen my wife for 3 weeks in the past 9 months and won't see her again for another 5. Being here is about like being in a prison work camp; living in a 10X10 room; confined behind constantia wire, eating institutional food, working 6 days a week with nothing to do on your 1 day off.

On the other hand, we are making more money than either of us dreamed possible, we net in a month almost as much as either of us made in a year in the early ‘90s. She got her Ph.D late in life and racked up a lot of debt, which we have just finished paying off, we now owe nothing on credit cards, have 3 more payments on my truck and then nothing but the mortgage. We have a very good investment manager who is putting “surplus” money in some very good investments for retirement and got started on that when the stock market was at its lowest.

Life conditions suck but if you are into delayed gratification things look pretty good in the future, I am going to extend my contract to NOV, and then things should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    John,

Hang in there! Sounds like it's been a tough go my friend.
    Thank you.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Not bad, considering......I am in Iraq, have only seen my wife for 3 weeks in the past 9 months and won't see her again for another 5. Being here is about like being in a prison work camp; living in a 10X10 room; confined behind constantia wire, eating institutional food, working 6 days a week with nothing to do on your 1 day off.

On the other hand, we are making more money than either of us dreamed possible, we net in a month almost as much as either of us made in a year in the early ‘90s. She got her Ph.D late in life and racked up a lot of debt, which we have just finished paying off, we now owe nothing on credit cards, have 3 more payments on my truck and then nothing but the mortgage. We have a very good investment manager who is putting “surplus” money in some very good investments for retirement and got started on that when the stock market was at its lowest.

Life conditions suck but if you are into delayed gratification things look pretty good in the future, I am going to extend my contract to NOV, and then things should be great.
    Thanks for being there. Glad you are at least getting some benefit from it.

Thank you.
    Yup. Hang in there and enjoy what presence you have.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

It started very good for me. A brand new Colt 6920 - love it.

Sorry about your Mom John. Hang in, and my prayers are with you.

John, I went thru this about 4 years ago with my mom. Hang in there and enjoy her.

As far as collecting guns, no new guns yet, but Im signed up for suarez international course. Over all not a bad start.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links