I love my Walther p-22...

This is a discussion on I love my Walther p-22... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shooting Pf-9 today and ran out of bullets, so that brick of .22 bullets on the shelf was calling my name. I bet I shot ...

Shooting Pf-9 today and ran out of bullets, so that brick of .22 bullets on the shelf was calling my name. I bet I shot half of the box, the great thing about the p-22 is the three dot sights, I can simulate my other pistols (minus recoil) but all of the rounds i have put thru it have made me a much better shot, and sure is alot of fun. I got a 20 dollar laser on it and it really lights up even on a bright sunny day, againts a old license plate or reflective tape. It is one gun i would never sell.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

kpw
    I'm kinda fond of mi....I mean my kid's P22 too. I did buy it for them, really!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I bought one 2 years ago for my grand daughter but she was only 3 yrs old then. I have to keep it and shoot it until she is old enough
    FUN GUN!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I bought mine last year. I Love the little thing

I just asked not that long ago about the P22 and everyone said it was junk, no fun, jams all the time, dont get it, etc.

So taking this advice, I decided to get a FNP 45. A little bit bigger. Now I hear all the good things. GOSH! I guess I just have to suck it up and get one of those too!

kpw
    I remember that thread. From what I've read, a lot of the earlier manufactured pistols had some issues. Supposedly, they are better now. Mine is a little finicky ammo it likes. I have a lot of Thunderbolts and Mini-Mags on hand and , thankfully, it gobbles them up. Does not like Fed AE ammo and I had a few FTFs with Fed Classic 40 grainers. Overall, it's a better plinker than I expected.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I shoot the federal bulk box of copper jacketed hollow points from walmart. since i put a box of cci stingers thru it i have not had one failure. guess them stingers loosened it up. it hates the cheap winchester ammo. but even my 10-22 fails some with that stuff.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

It's on my list, before or after that pretty practicle brass-plated HENRY rifle.

I love mine it is a 2006 model and i have only had 1 fte and that was after about 300 rounds (1 trip to the range). I cleaned it and have not had any more problems out of it. I shoot what ever i can find out of it no problems.
    S&W 45ACP model 4526, S&W .357 mag model 686-4 2.5", Springfield XD9 4", Walther P22 5", Charter Arms Undercover .38 spl, Remington 597 22lr., Mossburg 500A 20" 12ga. pump.
    MORE COMING SOON

I thought about getting a P-22, but I can't use the one at my range for free, so I figured it wasn't quite worth paying to get one. I agree though, its quite the fun little guy to shoot and you can go all day shooting 22 for the price of the rounds. Great gun!!

It's a good gun for plinking, not for personal defense. All .22's have feed and ammo issues (ammo design) and are not 100% dependable. Just my personal experience.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    It's a good gun for plinking, not for personal defense. All .22's have feed and ammo issues (ammo design) and are not 100% dependable. Just my personal experience.

Agreed. I wouldn't carry it, but I love playing with it at the range.

Links