Pug

Pug

This is a discussion on Pug within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A friend bought a Pug made by Cara? Kara? and is having problems with it. I said I would put the q out there to ...

Thread: Pug

Pug

A friend bought a Pug made by Cara? Kara? and is having problems with it. I said I would put the q out there to see if anyone knew anything about past problems with the Pug.
    It is a tiny revolver; the bullets are longer than the barrel and it is too small for my hand. No trigger guard. Cute but looks dangerous to me.
    Anyway there is a fitting at the front of the gun that attaches the barrel to a shaft that aligns the barrel and it comes loose or pops off after you get a few shots off. He has sent it back to the mfg.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Doesn't sound like a very safe firearm to me.

I've never heard of Cara or Kara. I know NAA makes a derringer called the PUG that matches your description. Charter also makes a PUG but it has a trigger guard. This sounds like it may be a very cheap knockoff of the NAA. I personally don't like derringers or the open trigger designs.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Mic
    Souuns like he got a NAA (north american arms) PUG, its a .22 mag deringer and not much of a SD gun, more like a pocket gun for a card shark, I personaly wouldn't own one, I would sudgest seling it and get a decent handgun
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Is there a public repository of known firearm defects which I could point out to him?

GM
    I do not know what Cara or Kara is, but I believe you are talking about a North American Arms PUG; if that is the case it is a .22 Magnum. A friend of mine has a NAA .22 Magnum Mini-Revolver which is a little different. He has the folding holster grip on it (not the model on the website, GhG-M); his gun completely hides inside the grip. It is a nice little SA revolver; with the folding holster it is not much bigger than a pocket knife and it is funny to shoot, but not otherwise. If your friend has a MAA PUG .22 Mag I recommend him getting the folding grip. This is a close range hand gun.
    Last edited by GM; February 23rd, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

A NAA 22Mag Pug is a nice small BUG and can be very effective as a CC primary in some cases.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Links