Luger Question

This is a discussion on Luger Question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a little off topic but I am hoping to get some good advice. A friend inherited found a pair consecutive Luger P08s wrapped ...

Thread: Luger Question

Luger Question

This is a little off topic but I am hoping to get some good advice. A friend inherited found a pair consecutive Luger P08s wrapped in cosmoline. They were a found in a grand fathers old locker along with the take home letter from his comander. He does not know what he has. I told him to put them under lock and be very careful not to sell too quick. I do not have the sn#'s for date or location of mfgr yet. Thank you if I can get some good advice as to how he should market these. I told him that they may be able to fund an education for his kid. Funny thing is that grand ma was going to have them destroyed or picked up by the sheriff.

2. Remove Ads

Wow glad you got to your friend...be a better friend and help him research. Look around on GB, and such...I am sure there are some war buffs on here that willpoint where to get them appraised.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Al Gore's amazing internet has pretty much made the whole market for collectables "vanilla" across the US.

I like old guitars. I used to be able to swing into an old pawn shop or music store and find a classic "closet queen" from the fifties for a song. Those days are long gone. Everyone checks the 'net, and people can quickly and easily search eBay for going prices.

If he wants top dollar, he'll need to locate someone who needs those to complete some kind of collection. That's harder to do.

gunbroker.com is your friend.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Wow, you are a great friend. Some guys I know would have offered him a few hundred bucks, while telling them that they're garbage. Honestly, unless he's in desperate need for cash, i'd hold onto them. I can only imagine the value going up... (I'm not an expert though... just using common sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Al Gore's amazing internet has pretty much made the whole market for collectables "vanilla" across the US.

I like old guitars. I used to be able to swing into an old pawn shop or music store and find a classic "closet queen" from the fifties for a song. Those days are long gone. Everyone checks the 'net, and people can quickly and easily search eBay for going prices.

If he wants top dollar, he'll need to locate someone who needs those to complete some kind of collection. That's harder to do.

gunbroker.com is your friend.
    No truer words ever said,
    I picked up a .57 Gibson ES-330 for 150.00 a couple of years ago.
    Cant toutch for 1500.00 or more now.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Links