Need Canuck Help

This is a discussion on Need Canuck Help within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm planning a backcountry trip into Canada. I want to bring in a High Capacity 12 ga shotgun for bear protection for my wife and ...

Thread: Need Canuck Help

Need Canuck Help

I'm planning a backcountry trip into Canada. I want to bring in a High Capacity 12 ga shotgun for bear protection for my wife and me. I've got the information about getting a "non-restricted" firearm into the country, but I'm wondering about magazine capacity for a shotgun. There doesn't seem to be any prohibition for capacity, but I want to make sure.

Also, I'm a little unsure about crossing from one province into another. What does one have to do when traveling about in Canada with a firearm?

Thanks in advance.
    A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.

BC

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Here's what you need if you don't already have it..................

Visitors / Non-Residents

Canadian firearms laws are covered under federal law. As such, what is good in Ontario is good in Alberta. It's not like the US where every state has different rules.

As far a magazine capacity goes, with a semi, the limit is five. With a pump, you're good to go with as many as you can fit in the mag.

Make sure you take all the ammo you're going to need with you as you must produce a Canadian Firearms License to legally purchase while you're north of the 49th parallel.

PM me if you need any more info.

AND BE SURE TO DECLARE ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION AT THE BORDER UNLESS YOU WISH BE A GUEST OF OUR COUNTRY FOR LONGER THAN YOU INTENDED!!!!!!!!!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Links