Kholster holster? - Page 2

Kholster holster?

This is a discussion on Kholster holster? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 21bubba What i will get is a holster that works as well, fits as well and be $29.70 richer. Let's be real ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kholster holster?

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    What i will get is a holster that works as well, fits as well and be $29.70 richer.

Let's be real here. Cross breed is a big time sponsor on this site and gets good reviews. But to imply that kholster is anything less than a crossbreed without the mark up sounds like "cheerleading" to me.
    Your money, your choice. The only important is that you are happy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I have a Kholster and you will not be sorry if you get one.You can trim it if you like but mine still looks like a frozen Pizza. I can guarantee the gun will not dig into your side if you dont trim it. And by the way trimming it will not affect your warranty in any way, try trimming or making changes to your 30 dollar higher crossbreed and see what that gets you.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Granted I haven't seen one in person, but it just appears that they are selling a roughed out holster. Lacking all the little final touches and attention to details that Crossbreed, or K&D do that turn it from just something to hold your weapon to a finely crafted item.

Kind of like rough cut lumber verses finished.

Not really my cup of tea for wearing, but I might make something similar one day for mounting to the underside of my car dash or some such.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Granted I haven't seen one in person, but it just appears that they are selling a roughed out holster. Lacking all the little final touches and attention to details that Crossbreed, or K&D do that turn it from just something to hold your weapon to a finely crafted item.

Kind of like rough cut lumber verses finished.

Not really my cup of tea for wearing, but I might make something similar one day for mounting to the underside of my car dash or some such.
    Isn't that what it's supposed to do, "hold your weapon"?

I have a Kholster I've carried a full size 1911 in for a couple months now. Haven't had any trouble with it and it is very comfortable. When compared to the Crossbreed, the price, warranty, and the lack of crosses on the clips sold me. Mostly the lack of crosses.
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their 'constitutional' right of amending it or their 'revolutionary' right to dismember or overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by aracnid007 View Post
    I have a Kholster I've carried a full size 1911 in for a couple months now. Haven't had any trouble with it and it is very comfortable. When compared to the Crossbreed, the price, warranty, and the lack of crosses on the clips sold me. Mostly the lack of crosses.
    I'm not trying to get a "religious" thread going just curious if you have an issue with crosses on a religious basis or just don't want them on your holster? No preaching from me.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Did you ever hear that about “cheap can be expensive”? You are right, a Crossbred is a little more expensive, but not that much. The Khoster cost $49 inclusive shipping, the Crossbreed cost $69.75 + $8.95 for shipping, which implies a total of $78.70. This is only $29.70 more than the Khoster; and if you are NRA member you get 10% discount. Did you ever carry all day long a holster that does not fit well? If not trust me, you will gladly spend those $29.70 extra in order to get a good holster. Not to forget how easy is to cut “wrong”. You get what you pay for.
    You just made my point, I have NEVER had a Khloster that didn't fit right. I'll Use the extra $29 buck to buy another one.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Have had mine for about 2 months and I can say it is the most comfortable holster I have ever used. It's the only one I have ever used though. I carry my m&p 9mm full size and it completly disappears on me. Take some time to find where it fits/feels best. I am sure there are better holsters out there, but for the money it works!

Quote Originally Posted by subcool20 View Post
    Do you suppose a little Lock-tite will stop screws from backing out?
    I'm definatly leaning more to buying one now.
    Blue loctite worked for me. The screws haven't loosened on mine in the 4 weeks since.

I love my khloster, got it on the holiday discount, $36 for the full moon. Wore it for about a week, trimmed it down to what I liked and have been EDCing my G22 ever since.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

I bought a Kholster. Use it for my Sig p229 with the plus 2 mags. Very comfortable to me. I would recommend it. It's not pretty but the gun fits tight and it's comfortable for all day wear. JMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by aracnid007 View Post
    I was looking at the CB holsters but that's exactly what turned me off as well, probably would have purchased one had there been an option with or w/out the cross embossed clips.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by subcool20 View Post
    I'm not trying to get a "religious" thread going just curious if you have an issue with crosses on a religious basis or just don't want them on your holster? No preaching from me.
    For reference if the crosses were replaced with the Star of David, how eager would you probably be to go buy that holster. Most likely you have nothing against Judaism, but nor do you care to endorse it every day when it doesn't represent what you believe.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    For reference if the crosses were replaced with the Star of David, how eager would you probably be to go buy that holster. Most likely you have nothing against Judaism, but nor do you care to endorse it every day when it doesn't represent what you believe.
    You make a good point actualy. However I was simply curious. I consider myself a Christian but there are things I don't buy when they have crosses on them. They can be tacky. As for star of David that might actualy be pretty cool

But seriously, I kinda regret posting that question because I realy didn't want to get a religious thread started.

I love my Kholster. I have one for my XDm 40 and for my Taurus PT 140 pro. Which I wore ALL DAY 5:00 am till 9:20 pm at the Nascar race out here in Vegas. And yes, I bought a kholster because it doesn't have those nasty little ancient torcher device symbols on it. ;)

XDm 40 16+1+16+16
    or
    PT 140 pro 10+1+10+10
    and sometimes
    S&W J frame 5+5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links