Defensive Carry banner

Most Accurate Gun

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  soonerjh 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is a re-post but in your opinion what is the most accurate hand gun? What is the most reliable as far as not jamming and etc....

#2 ·
SimmCity3 said:
I don't know if this is a re-post but in your opinion what is the most accurate hand gun? What is the most reliable as far as not jamming and etc....
The one that you shoot well and practice a lot with.:image035:

Most quality handguns made today are far more intrinsically accurate than you will ever be.

If you want to speak strictly of accuracy then I would probably go with a Thompson Contender or Encore. But many high quality handguns are capable of 2" accuracy at 50 yards which is far better than you will ever shoot. Trust me. :yup:

#3 ·
1 reason I ask this is because I do believe that my sights are off on mine a bit. They are high. I have a Tarus pt 745. I even had a CCW guy shoot it to verify and he agreed with me. It shoots a lil bit low. I still qualified on the shooting portion of the test still.

#4 ·
try diffrent ammo and see if it prints low still. also remember , keep your sights covering the target, not a 6 o'clock hold .

#5 ·
I would try different ammo also ..

As to most accurate its like most things whats gonna be the most accurate in my hand wont most likely be it in yours im most accurate with a Wheelie but i know lots of guys who are better with a auto than i but are no good with a wheelie

#6 ·
You pretty much have your answers I think - but yes - not too many guns out there that are not potentially plenty accurate in the right hands and with suitable ammo dead on reliable.

So much will depend on fit and feel with the individual - I might for instance extol the accuracy virtues of my SIG 226 - but our member dr-cmg might disagree because he much prefers a single stacker!!

You may find a tendency for some folks to play down the real short 1911's - as they do seem to have more issues with reliability re feed and so I'd say you won't go too far wrong with any full size anything but - it has to fit you.

Your Taurus - yes try different ammo but consider maybe if finally proven that it will only shoot low - judiciously removing a smidgeon of front sight height - may be an answer assuming no adjustable rear.

#7 ·
Anybody remember the Snubbie Accuracy tests from a Ransom rest?
Even the short barreled snubs are quite accurate with the correct ammo and The Human Element removed.

New Shooters On Our Forum (Ransom Rest) See Photo Below.:biggrin2:

#8 ·
P95Carry said:
So much will depend on fit and feel with the individual - I might for instance extol the accuracy virtues of my SIG 226 - but our member dr-cmg might disagree because he much prefers a single stacker!!
Chris, I don't necessarily disagree since I have never shot a Sig P226. But having fired a number of pistols with double stack mags over the past few months I know that accuracy is not in my vocabulary when it comes to most double stacks. My P239 is the most accurate pistol in my hands in my collection followed by the two Makarovs. In my wife's hands everything is accurate. So it is individual taste, ability, hand size, etc. that determines what is most accurate to any one individual.

As Chris said most firearms manufactured by reputable companies have the potential to be extremely accurate. Within individual firearms there can be a difference in accuracy even in the Ramsom Rest. Yes, the sights could be a little off, it happens. Ammunition can make a significant difference in accuracy especially in height. In my recent testing with my P239 I discovered that my Federal HydraShoks consistently hit several inches below some Gold Tips in +p. I learned pretty quickly that I had to change my aim point for the Federals.

Try not one, but several additional brands and weights of ammo. It is easy at the range to make adjustments in aiming point. Also fire your carry ammo regularly to be sure you have the aiming point for it locked in.

#10 ·
I've been sugested a Glock 22. The CCW instructor set the but of the gun so it was flat on the counter top when he shot at the target and said that it is shooting a bit low. I had no problem qualifing expert on my hand gun in the military, and I mean no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.