My Sig556 Thus Far...

My Sig556 Thus Far...

This is a discussion on My Sig556 Thus Far... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think the last time I posted anything concerning my Sig556 I hadn't even sighted it in. This is where I stand thus far. I've ...

Thread: My Sig556 Thus Far...

Talking My Sig556 Thus Far...

I think the last time I posted anything concerning my Sig556 I hadn't even sighted it in. This is where I stand thus far.

I've got an EOTech 552 (I had a 1" group at 100yds using 62 gr. GrnTip ). Very happy with the EOTech, looking forward to the Magnification attachment when I get my Tax Return.
    I replaced the front take-down screw with a K&N PushPin, much easier to field strip.
    I have a UTG Swatforce 200 Lumen TacLite with pressure pad, $50 on CheaperThanDirt (So far Duct Tape has worked better than the included velcro for securing it).
    I also purchased the NATO bayonet lug from MFIAP.COM. It said on the website that it wouldn't work on a SWAT model 556 but I just filed about 1/16" off of the end and it fit's like it was made for it, ROCK SOLID!
    I use the shorter CommandArmsAccesories front grip so I can have a lower profile in prone.
    I have been more than pleased with this weapon and I would encourage anyone who is looking for a weapon they trust to work every time the trigger is pulled to consider the Sig556.

p.s. The second to last pic, anybody know what that little lug on the right side of the rail is for? Mine is not the folding stock model, but I can't think of anything else it could be for.
    Attached Images
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

kpw
    Nice! Mine is still sitting in the safe waiting for glass. I have no idea what I'm going to put on it yet. I like the Leupie 1.5-5 MR/T. I've got a 3-9 Sightron sitting around. I might just throw on just so I can shoot it this weekend.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Links